Plans for today (2024)

So much to do over the next two days I don’t even want to get started, clinging to the bedsheets and a cup of tea, not that that’s gonna save me 😂

Brother, sister in law and newish baby will be here on Thursday, pregnancy n motherhood has apparently turned sister in law into and clean freak. I understand, it’s just scrubbing my house from top to bottom so there’s no spyable ‘other peoples dirt’ is a right royal pita when you’ve got the preparation for cooking for 10 folk for 3 days on your plate.

Yes I can just leave it on the like it or lump it side of things but I remember being similar after my first was born and I want them to feel comfortable so.. just one episode of Last Tango in Halifax, then I’ll get started 😆

So much to do over the next two days I don’t even want to get started, clinging to the bedsheets and a cup of tea, not that that’s gonna save me 😂

Brother, sister in law and newish baby will be here on Thursday, pregnancy n motherhood has apparently turned sister in law into and clean freak. I understand, it’s just scrubbing my house from top to bottom so there’s no spyable ‘other peoples dirt’ is a right royal pita when you’ve got the preparation for cooking for 10 folk for 3 days on your plate.

Yes I can just leave it on the like it or lump it side of things but I remember being similar after my first was born and I want them to feel comfortable so.. just one episode of Last Tango in Halifax, then I’ll get started 😆
When my mum brought home my sister from hospital, we had no running water and only the laundry had safe electricity. We did have a floor in the kitchen and laundry by then, it had to be taken up (tiles), dug out and filled in with concrete because the tiles were laid onto bare soil. At one point you could actually stand on the soil in the kitchen and look 3 storeys to the roof and see bare slates (and daylight in one or two places). No floors, no ceiling, no insulation and so on. That was addressed before we moved in, just.

The only flushable toilet was to the side of the laundry, and you filled the reservoir using the bucket under the stand pipe and then you could flush.

Thankfully the urgency of a new born in the house, got the rest of the house rewired, plastered and heating installed reasonably quickly. Plumbing happened within the first week she was home as well... luckily being an old Victorian house meant it had fire places in every room, so coal fires kept the house warmer for the rooms she was in (shes a September baby.) We lived off bottle water initally.

Carpets, wallpaper and doors to quite a bit longer.

When my mum brought home my sister from hospital, we had no running water and only the laundry had safe electricity. We did have a floor in the kitchen and laundry by then, it had to be taken up (tiles), dug out and filled in with concrete because the tiles were laid onto bare soil. At one point you could actually stand on the soil in the kitchen and look 3 storeys to the roof and see bare slates (and daylight in one or two places). No floors, no ceiling, no insulation and so on. That was addressed before we moved in, just.

The only flushable toilet was to the side of the laundry, and you filled the reservoir using the bucket under the stand pipe and then you could flush.

Thankfully the urgency of a new born in the house, got the rest of the house rewired, plastered and heating installed reasonably quickly. Plumbing happened within the first week she was home as well... luckily being an old Victorian house meant it had fire places in every room, so coal fires kept the house warmer for the rooms she was in (shes a September baby.) We lived off bottle water initally.

Carpets, wallpaper and doors to quite a bit longer.
Blimey!
That's a lot to contend with.

When I went into labour our house had been sold and we had precisely one week left to get out. The new place was in such a state (including no kitchen) we had to move in with my mother in law.

I have to say that was such torture I would rather have had a mud floor and no electricity! 😆

My husband had had a "shove your job moment" just before I gave birth and we couldn't reach an agreement on the baby's name so the midwife was filling in his form and asked for-
address?
urr urm well the house is in pieces so we're not able to move in.
Oh dear
Fathers occupation?
Oh um he doesn't have a job at the moment
Oh dear
Baby's name?
Don't know we can't seem to agree on one.
Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Oddly I wasn't worried, must have been the drugs they gave me 😆

Hot day here today. I am leaving here in about 25 minutes to do some work for a couple of hours, then a quick Aldi grocery run, and then coming home to make seared scallops for dinner tonight.

Stopped for a cup of decaf coffee because it’s the evening and “that’ll do pig” plus my feet are burning.
But I just stupidly read my remaining job list and I’m itching to get back up and do a couple more.
This is the part where I should just stop and let go but I won’t and tomorrow I’ll pay for it! 🤪

Got to call the insurance company about a medication, then doctor's office, do some accounting work for Craig's, really mine now for all intents and purposes since I do everything, little business, hopefully take some pictures for a mini trade and maybe work on something mini, and cook a dish for the garlic challenge.

Guess I'm not cooking today. When I told Craig what I was making and asked whether he wanted it hot, room temp, or cold, Mr. Temper Tantrum had one about not eating out at all anymore, even though we had had 3 lunches out in the past 10 days, and dinner out Monday a week ago.

And now we pitched another fit because I reminded him garbage still needs to go out and dishes still need doing from last night. He ate leftovers from the pan this morning. His choice.

Back
Top Bottom