Plans for today (2024)

Already worked on my elf princess for 3 hours or so. She's glued in place, as is her dragon except for 1 wing, and the sheet and pillows. Her gold underskirt has been sprayed with the draping stuff. Waiting for that to dry because I have to protect everything with wax paper before I spray the green taffeta because it bleeds BAD and I don't want to take any chances. It was bleeding just from the steam of the iron when I was getting rid of the creases before cutting. Painted some gold trim on the bed and glued some decorations on the front. So, everything has to dry before I do anymore. Hopefully, I'll get another piece or 2 of trim on the bed and maybe get the 1 wing glued down. I realized part of the unpainted wing back showed over the top of the headboard so that had to be painted, which is drying.
You'll post photos I hope? Looking forward to seeing the results from all of your hard work!

You'll post photos I hope? Looking forward to seeing the results from all of your hard work!
I posted WIP photos in the hobby thread ?yesterday? I think. But, yes I will when she's done.

I can't wait for the August class. Below is the concept art for the dress.
f61d72_215840ce092e47c790db056dcb192c4d~mv2.jpg

It rained yesterday, and it was raining this morning. My plans to go to the shopping centre - no way, because when it rains here, traffic is insane. Sooo - I reviewed a few GRE essays a student had sent me, wrote up a few recipes and am now wondering what to eat...
One thing that caught my attention when I was in Caracas was the traffic. I asked my host why they haven't worked up some traffic laws. Crazy traffic even on sunny days.

One thing that caught my attention when I was in Caracas was the traffic. I asked my host why they haven't worked up some traffic laws. Crazy traffic even on sunny days.
I thought Mexico was rather crazy traffic-wise, but my sister says New Delhi, India is the worst she's ever seen (she worked for the Dept. of State for almost 40 years and has been all over the world).

I thought Mexico was rather crazy traffic-wise, but my sister says New Delhi, India is the worst she's ever seen (she worked for the Dept. of State for almost 40 years and has been all over the world).
I’d second that. India and Nepal, that traffic is truly crazy. Anywhere that uses indicators to show both their intended direction of travel AND to let you know which side to overtake is mad indeed.

The pedestrians are just as crazy. They just step out, the onus is on you to not hit them!
When I first tried to cross the road in centre of Kathmandu I gave up a went back into the hotel, the receptionist came out and took me across the road. She explained the above and told me to just step out!!

I soon got used to it though and actually had a ball motorcycling through their crazy city. Although I won’t pretend there weren’t times when I thought I’d been lucky to survive!

A Cook ahead day today because the coming week is going to be very busy.
Got 2kg of cubed sirloin for a Hungarian Goulash, 2kg of Finnebrogue sausages for a Sausage and Lentil Casserole and the butcher had some decent looking faggots so my youngest who says he hasn’t tried them (I don’t believe him) will be able to try them.
And for today’s lunch a jumbo sized piece of bone in pork belly.

I posted WIP photos in the hobby thread ?yesterday? I think. But, yes I will when she's done.

I can't wait for the August class. Below is the concept art for the dress.
View attachment 114249
Ah found it 🙄
It’s so pretty and detailed. Diaphanous. I know it’s mini but how mini? What are the dimensions?

Doing a fair amount (for me) of cooking today.

Also, I have to restring the weed whacker/strimmer, so I plan on a lot of cussing later, accompanied by throwing the half-wrapped spool across the yard at some point, which I won’t be able to find until I mow over it next week. Good thing I have two spools.

Ah found it 🙄
It’s so pretty and detailed. Diaphanous. I know it’s mini but how mini? What are the dimensions?
Remember, it's concept art. So, final won't be that dress exactly, but pretty darn close.

I work in 1:12 scale, which means 1 inch equals 1 foot. The little elf I'm working on is a tween/young teen, so she would be about 4 feet, 5 inches or so, which would be 1.37 meters. The August dress will be for a woman, so 5 feet, 5 inches as an average, or 1.68 meters.

I was planning to do some work in the garden today, planting the new native plants I bought yesterday. Rain’s put the kibosh on that plan, so we’re having a lazy lazy day. I’ve already napped on the couch for over an hour. It’s a tough job but someone’s gotta do it!

I was planning to do some work in the garden today, planting the new native plants I bought yesterday. Rain’s put the kibosh on that plan, so we’re having a lazy lazy day. I’ve already napped on the couch for over an hour. It’s a tough job but someone’s gotta do it!
Yeah it rained here, too. I was thinking of running the vacuum but when it's sunny it's easier to see dust/dirt so I will wait.

Back
Top Bottom