Plans for today (2024)

Today is one of those mad days visiting the local town to get things done.

So far, I've ordered my protein supplement online, and 'done' CookingBites.

I still need to drive to Bungendore, that's 50 minutes away but it's dense fog/ low cloud again, so add 10 minutes to that.

Then I've got physio followed by bloods.
Next I need to do to the pharmacy, then buy stuff for a poorly chook (mince and mealworms). 2 different shops, then I'll need fuel because I don't have enough to get home again.

Then I need to crack on with my homework from my patchwork lesson yesterday.

And I need to feed poorly chook, and give her her antibiotics at 4pm.

It's now 7:15am and I need to be out by 7:30am, so 👋

And I forgot I need to scrap the ice off the car, no ice scrapper you can't buy then here. I need to stack the fire so it doesn't go out whilst I'm out. And there's something else I've forgotten already :laugh:

Have a good day and a good rest after it.😊
I remembered the moment I tried to use the windscreen wipers. The passenger one failed yesterday, tearing itself in half... just needed them for the entire journey here because of dense fog and you can't buy any in this town. They'll have to wait until Saturday but we're due heavy rain today and tomorrow.

Today is one of those mad days visiting the local town to get things done.

So far, I've ordered my protein supplement online, and 'done' CookingBites.

I still need to drive to Bungendore, that's 50 minutes away but it's dense fog/ low cloud again, so add 10 minutes to that.

Then I've got physio followed by bloods.
Next I need to do to the pharmacy, then buy stuff for a poorly chook (mince and mealworms). 2 different shops, then I'll need fuel because I don't have enough to get home again.

Then I need to crack on with my homework from my patchwork lesson yesterday.

And I need to feed poorly chook, and give her her antibiotics at 4pm.

It's now 7:15am and I need to be out by 7:30am, so 👋

And I forgot I need to scrap the ice off the car, no ice scrapper you can't buy then here. I need to stack the fire so it doesn't go out whilst I'm out. And there's something else I've forgotten already :laugh:
Hmm
IMG_2170.jpeg

😂🤣😂🤣

Plans for today:
DH is overly tired today, so he'll nap most of the day and then we'll get gussied up for dinner at a highfalutin restaurant over on the West Side of the Island.
This is DH's older sister's treat, it's their 50th Wedding anniversary dinner.
It's a good thing we packed one "nice" outfit in our suitcase ...

Plans for today:
DH is overly tired today, so he'll nap most of the day and then we'll get gussied up for dinner at a highfalutin restaurant over on the West Side of the Island.
This is DH's older sister's treat, it's their 50th Wedding anniversary dinner.
It's a good thing we packed one "nice" outfit in our suitcase ...
Well that needs to be posted in the What Goes Into Your Suitcase When You Travel? thread!

Fed/Bank holiday today (Juneteenth), so I’m off today (though I’m still on-call).

Going about halfway between my house and where I grew up - the family cookout I mentioned going to a month or so ago…I left a serving spoon and a knife over there, so my brother’s going to meet me halfway and bring them back, and give me some foodie thing someone gave him as a gift (he doesn’t want it).

There’s a kitchen shop near there, so I’ll probably swing into that, because I’ve been looking for some little 2-tablespoon glass prep bowls, and no one seems to carry those in-store. This is my last attempt before ordering online.
Bowls? That are 2 TBSP? I bought some TBSP glass things that look more like shot glasses awhile back at a store called pOp Shelf (it's an offshoot of Dollar General).

SandwichShortOfAPicnic a "nice" outfit here in Hawaii is for the gentlemen:
a collared shirt, be it a cotton Aloha Shirt or a Polo shirt is fine
and if it's chilly, blue jeans and if it's warm "nice" shorts - "nice" flip flops or slippah is okey-doeky.
For the ladies:
Pretty much anything goes along with "nice" slippah, I have two pairs

Bowls? That are 2 TBSP?
I think they hold slightly more than 2 TB, but they have a little shoulder around the top, and up to that line is right about 2 TB. Nothing fancy, just little plain roundish glass ones.

Back
Top Bottom