Plans for today (2024)

I think they hold slightly more than 2 TB, but they have a little shoulder around the top, and up to that line is right about 2 TB. Nothing fancy, just little plain roundish glass ones.
Ok, mine are bigger than I thought.

20240623_204609.jpg

I’ll get a pic of mine - I’m down to one, and it’s in the dishwasher…but MrsT just ordered me some new ones.
It's usually the french brand Duralex when people want prep bowls. They make the Picardie glasses everyone is familiar with.
IMG_3263.jpeg

IMG_3264.jpeg

I'm a fan, they're extremely tough glass. Great if you have clumsy people in the house. They're also good for the full range of hot and cold things. I have tiny ones for panna cotta.

Today we pack up to go home for the summer.
Mixed feelings as I have a good project to get on with at home, the boys are staying for the summer and it's actually going to be sunny BBQ weather when we return (which will be the first time ever that a return has been to sunshine) so there's lots of promising indicators it's going to be a good time for all.

But I also don't want to pack up and leave. I like Spain very much, there's something about it that just chimes with my preferred way of doing things.

Wish it was the reverse way around and I could move the majority of my life here and just stay in the UK for extended periods when I felt homesick.

Heyho. I know I'm a lucky ducky to be able to do any of it so I'm just going to stay focused on that part.

Not planning on doing too much today.
Obviously some work as bills need to be paid.
Gotta sweep the flour and finally put away my tent. Needs the clean floor to fold it, and somehow I need 3 dogs not to go play on it while I do that.
Tidy up some other stuff.
Look at a drain pipe to see if I can fix it as it is blocked.
Cook, eat, play with the dogs

And maybe make empanadas....

[Edit. Not flour but floor. Need to sweep the floor]

Last edited:
Busy day tomorrow... Thursday and Friday...

I've got the final patchwork lesson in my course all morning. Won't be home before 2pm.
I need to make tea (sweet potato and butternut squash chowder).
I need to do a load of washing and also shower.

I need to ring my sister and check up on her. Her first dog is seriously ill and it is not looking like she'll survive. It's come in very suddenly so has hit my sister hard because Bella was exceptionally fit and healthy.
Both my parents are ill as well (likely suspect is the precooked chicken they bought at the weekend, but in true mother style, she's now decided she's not eating beetroot again! :o_o: )

I've got to work out Google search engine optimisation and google adsense to try to understand them.

And I need to finish off my fairisle cardigan before starting the fairisle vest for TastyReuben. My cardigan needs to be blocked so I can see the arm length before I knit the cuffs. I think the arms need to be a tad longer than they are currently.

I promised a pic of my little 2-tablespoon prep bowls, and here’s my last one (more are on order):

IMG_8606.jpeg

You can see, I think that there’s a bottom edge to that shoulder that runs around the top of the bowl - up to the bottom of that is right around 2 tablespoons.

Today I am doing web site maintenance. Tomorrow is grocery shopping day with more work on the web site and Thursday I will finish the shock absorber installation on my beater by handling the rear units. In the meantime there are my caregiver duties that keep me somewhat busy 24/7. Maybe I should retire.

Back
Top Bottom