Plans for today (2024)

Today has a long list of plans which starts with sweeping the chimney (done), enjoying the ash, charcoal and crap out of the fire, then cleaning the creosote out of the bottom of the chimney and relighting the fire. All done.

Next is another wood collection, that will take about 3 hours, my 4×4, the trailer and call for lunch on the road.

Next is to come home and unload the wood.

Shower, then go back out to do the shopping, ring my brother in the UK and have a nice but expensive meal out before driving home for a second time...

And collapsing.

Today has a long list of plans which starts with sweeping the chimney (done), enjoying the ash, charcoal and crap out of the fire, then cleaning the creosote out of the bottom of the chimney and relighting the fire. All done.

Next is another wood collection, that will take about 3 hours, my 4×4, the trailer and call for lunch on the road.

Next is to come home and unload the wood.

Shower, then go back out to do the shopping, ring my brother in the UK and have a nice but expensive meal out before driving home for a second time...

And collapsing.

I'm quietly now at home watching the racing and betting. No chores today

Russ

Up since 5,30. Did some kitchen cleaning, laundry, table scouting, garbage bin holder scouting, went out, now a little rest, then cleaning to be continued plus cooking.

Had a plan to attend a modern artist tour at the Modern arts museum, but I don't feel like standing again, after walking this much...so I might visit the exhibition (only) at my own pace, at a certain point.

It is baking hot. 33c I believe.

It's really winter!
Southern hemisphere.
I am in one of the hottest part of the country though. We'll go down to 10-12 oC tonight (well, early morning, sort of between 0400 and 0700).
Thank you. Now I get it. I took some time to look at a map, you are across Madagascar, so to speak, although 1800km from it...

10c is rather fresh indeed. Do you still use canvas walls or you move inside brick walls for the colder winter nights?

Or do you light a camp fire of some sort?

Yeah, fire
With flash and without
IMG_20240629_214458_511.jpg

IMG_20240629_214512_561.jpg

MrsT has been wanting to go on a drive “somewhere,” so today, we took a short one and went on a ramble about 90 minutes or so northish, in search of lunchmeats, cheeses, and other such things, planned sort of at the last minute, worked around what we expected to be some bad weather today (which never materialized).

A few pics:

IMG_8631.jpeg

Bakery, picked up a few doughnuts and a couple of other things.

IMG_8632.jpeg
IMG_8633.jpeg
IMG_8635.jpeg
IMG_8641.jpeg

German old-fashioned bologna - fairly potent. The smell escaped the bag the deli folks used, plus the shopping bag, plus the zippered cooler. Good stuff, though.

Outstanding prices! Where was this?
Just south of Plain City - Yutzey’s Farm Market and The Cheese House.

They’re both really just small grocery stores, but Yutzey’s sell a lot of their own produce, and you can order fresh turkeys from them, whole local fresh-killed hams, things like that.

Just south of Plain City - Yutzey’s Farm Market and The Cheese House.

They’re both really just small grocery stores, but Yutzey’s sell a lot of their own produce, and you can order fresh turkeys from them, whole local fresh-killed hams, things like that.
So the top one is Yutzey's?

At the grocery store last week smoked mesquite turkey was $10.99 lb. I like $6.99 lb. much, much better!

Back
Top Bottom