Plans for today (2024)

also keep the wood shed well swept because it's easier to see big spiders or even snakes that way
Oh yes. Very wise you are in doing so. We did use a shed too. Spiders yes, other insects. But snakes, not, never seen there. Around the cottage, yes, once. Quite enough.

Yes, well done considering in particular your health issues.

As we mention spiders, I had a huge arachnophobia ( I believe that is what it is called) for decades. I would freeze or run to a different room.

We get those tiny spiders in my classroom, and other insects, as the school yard is just in front.

And in the last couple of months, I had managed to gently 'Lure' the spiders onto a paper and show them outside. Which astonished me. A good development.

Oh yes. Very wise you are in doing so. We did use a shed too. Spiders yes, other insects. But snakes, not, never seen there. Around the cottage, yes, once. Quite enough.

Yes, well done considering in particular your health issues.

As we mention spiders, I had a huge arachnophobia ( I believe that is what it is called) for decades. I would freeze or run to a different room.

We get those tiny spiders in my classroom, and other insects, as the school yard is just in front.

And in the last couple of months, I had managed to gently 'Lure' the spiders onto a paper and show them outside. Which astonished me. A good development.
We have a 'spider catching kit'. It consists of a glass and a piece of paper or card catch the spider by placing the glass over it. The slide the paper between the surface and the glass. Then invert.

Depending on the size of the spider, it's a choice of which glass is used (or pyrex bowl/jug!)

The slide the paper between the surface and the glass. Then invert.
Oh that is cool.
In fact we used a similar technique for catching and releasing Raphigaster Nebulosa insects, at school , we get so many of them...
We slide the paper under the Raphi, use a plastic cup to put over, go to the window, release and reuse next time...
Raphs are very slow, spiders can be very fast...

Oh that is cool.
In fact we used a similar technique for catching and releasing Raphigaster Nebulosa insects, at school , we get so many of them...
We slide the paper under the Raphi, use a plastic cup to put over, go to the window, release and reuse next time...
Raphs are very slow, spiders can be very fast...
Yep, that's why the glass is first! Trap it first (especially given a lot of Australian spiders are venomous!)

I’ve said before I like the winter but it’s true I do.
A warm pub after a bracing walk with the dogs, a thick winter coat and good mittens, certain foods that just work well for recreating that cosy feel. Thick socks, hot chocolate with a little shot of rum, chunky winter soups, roaring fires, I could go on but you know what I mean.

Of course all of that goes out of the window the second the boiler breaks and you turn the air blue with more than your breath 😂

Big day for me…I’m meeting my new hair stylist, after my previous one moved on to bigger and better things.

My most recent was much more than a stylist, we developed quite a friendship over the years, and while I’m still in touch with her, I do miss our monthly visits.

We’ll see how the new one works out - she was recommended to me by my last one; they know each other.

Strongly nudging Craig into doing his laundry as it's been a while and we're going out to dinner tonight for a mystery shop job i have. Told him he needed to check to see if he had a decent shirt to wear, that he didn't have to dress up, but I didn't want him wearing 1 of his T shirts that has the logo of a place he used to work either since that's all he has been wearing lately. He just got done putting a load of laundry in.

Back
Top Bottom