Plans for today (2024)

So yes - I'd said to TastyReuben, no problem with the Madeira Café, I know exactly where it is!
Walked down Miami Av. and strolled into the Madeira Café... except it was the Madeira Coffee Shop. Waited like 10 minutes and then thought "Hmmmm, Tasty is always on time and it's 10.03am..."
Checked the address and, of course, I was in the wrong place:hyper:.
Anyway, 3 minutes later I was in the right place and we sat down for breakfast. Obviously, biscuits and gravy was a must, but we both ordered omelettes (made with 3 ostrich eggs) plus the B&G plus two slices of toasted rye plus hash browns. First time ever with B&G and I can absolutely recommend it. Unusual, for non-American tastebuds, because it was like a sugarless scone with bechamel sauce and sausage , and there was definitely some sage in there somewhere. Highly recommended - I'd have that again.
Biscuits & Gravy.jpg
Omelettes.jpg

You may note TR's perfectly formed forearm in the background.
Sooo - we snaffled as much of that as possible, with endless cups of coffee (which, given my experience of "American" coffee, were really good and freshly brewed).
Then we wandered off to Party Source where we spent inordinate amounts of money on booze. Well, why not? In Venezuela we've got a saying: "It's Thursday, so it's almost the weekend!"
From there we drove back into Cinci and up a hill to one of his old haunts called the Incline Public House. In we went and inclined ourselves against the bar. I spotted a Brown Ale on the menu so, wow, haven't had one of them since my grandad died in 1966. Gimme a taste!
Good colour, initially, good flavour and then the vanilla whacked me in the tastebuds. "Does this ale have vanilla in it?"
"Oh YES!" said the barmaid, "it's one of our signature ales!"
"Tastes like bloody ice cream; gimme a weissbier!":D:D:D
we spent a very pleasant hour or so talking about everything from food, our jobs, our past, our mums. the UK, beer, food, food and languages. Then we walked down to the incline and took a few photos of the other side of Cinci. Great day!
Cinci w TR 1.jpg
Cinci w TR 3.jpg
Cinci with TR 2.jpg

So yes - I'd said to TastyReuben, no problem with the Madeira Café, I know exactly where it is!
Walked down Miami Av. and strolled into the Madeira Café... except it was the Madeira Coffee Shop. Waited like 10 minutes and then thought "Hmmmm, Tasty is always on time and it's 10.03am..."
Anyway, 3 minutes later I was in the right place and we sat down for breakfast. Obviously, biscuits and gravy was a must, but we both ordered omelettes (made with 3 ostrich eggs) plus the B&G plus two slices of toasted rye plus hash browns. First time ever with B&G and I can absolutely recommend it. Unusual, for non-American tastebuds, because it was like a sugarless scone with bechamel sauce and sausage , and there was definitely some sage in there somewhere. Highly recommended - I'd have that again.
View attachment 115895View attachment 115896
Sooo - we snaffled as much of that as possible, with endless cups of coffee (which, given my experience of "American" coffee, were really good and freshly brewed).
Then we wandered off to Party Source where we spent inordinate amounts of money on booze. Well, why not? In Venezuela we've got a saying: "It's Thursday, so it's almost the weekend!"
From there we drove back into Cinci and up a hill to one of his old haunts called the Incline Public House. In we went and inclined ourselves against the bar. I spotted a Brown Ale on the menu so, wow, haven't had one of them since my grandad died in 1966. Gimme a taste!
Good colour, initially, good flavour and then the vanilla whacked me in the tastebuds. "Does this ale have vanilla in it?"
we spent a very pleasant hour or so talking about everything from food, our jobs, our past, our mums. the UK, beer, food, food and languages. Then we walked down to the incline and took a few photos of the other side of Cinci. Great day!
View attachment 115897View attachment 115898View attachment 115899
Superb. So glad you had a good day 😊

View attachment 115895View attachment 115896
View attachment 115897View attachment 115898View attachment 115899
How exceptionally fantastic!

Well an unusual day for me.
I’ve been really worn over the last few weeks due to family demands. So tired I just can’t be bothered much with anything and really need a break.
So I was going to go away for a few days to just sit and rest and cogitate but I couldn’t even find the energy to sort out where to go.

Then Mr SSOAP said well as the boys are here why don’t you have some time in Bristol in the boys flat. So that’s what I’m doing, am going up there today.
My youngest sweetly without being asked went to Bristol yesterday to clean the flat so it’s nice for when I arrive and sent me two vids of how the boiler and the TV works.
I’ve put in a food order so Ocado will deliver me some nice bits and pieces and I’m going to just chill.
So yeah thats my plan, I’m going to have a break from life for a few days!

As planned 3 weeks ago, I went to the psychiatry, for my dad, only to find out that the admins have a different and stronger say than doctors.
Back and forth with all around, no fruition. Just frustration.
So I entered the chapel within the hospital and sobbed and prayed for good 25 min, I think...
Will ask my Mom what she thinks...and see what from there on...

It’s really pretty around there.
Take care and enjoy to the max possible!
It was a beautiful drive and quite enjoyable until I was on the highway about 20 minutes from home and a truck flung a pebble into my windshield and dinged it. It's the typical nickel-sized star-shaped ding that occurs. I've got an appointment Tuesday to get it fixed. Frustrating. But on my way past Atwater on a lovely road passing a lake I saw a firetruck, ambulance, and deputy sheriff with flashing lights. They had one lane closed. When traffic moving my direction was allowed to flow, I saw a crumpled motorcycle and the emergency personnel were looking over a guardrail down an incline. I think there was a person down underneath. So sad. I think I'm ok with my dinged windshield.

. I think I'm ok with my dinged windshield.
Goodness. Yes, you are. Not pleasant, but not devastating.
It happens to me too, when I see wheelchaired patients, then I think, Lord, thank you that my parents can still walk.

It's that comparison , it can almost always be worse...

Rise and shine. I took the time to read the instructions to the yoghurt maker. Cleaned all removable parts. Desinfected the container and first lid.

Prepped the soy milk, guar and ferment, and turned it on. 14 hours, it suggested. So this evening, before midnight, we shall see what comes out of it. If it chills in the fridge overnight, might have homemade yoghurt for breakfast tomorrow.

Getting used to chore splitting with daughter. I get irritated when she does not do it prompt. So I revisited my timelimit setting. And consequences ( minus euros of the pocket money).

She did clean the soap container in the washing machine, did 1 laundry load of her T shirts, and unpacked. Yesterday. She would iron and clean up today.

I did the dishwasher out and in. Sink and surface clean up. Stove scrub.

Went to stock up scrubs and small kitchen items.

Daughter's task is to buy distilled water for Grandma and deliver prior to us gling to the Gp at 6 pm.

I will cook, read or write, And Then tend to my Dad and take him to his Gp for his stitches control.

Back
Top Bottom