Plans for today (2024)

Biscuits & Gravy, an American classic, of with @karadekoolaid has yet to experience, so I’m treating him.
That is iconic! The two of you meeting in person and trying biscuits and gravy! How nice of both of you!

Just saying, we expect lots and lots of pictures and stories😁😁😆!

Enjoy!

Going out to dinner to a place neither of us has been. Bit of a drive but I've wanted to go there ever since they opened. It's a mystery shop job so best of both worlds. I get paid to eat there plus get reimbursed for the meal.

And I trust you are brutally honest in your feedback!

And I trust you are brutally honest in your feedback!
It has to be worded subjectively, but yes, they expect the shopper to be precise about the quality, service, timings, etc. Especially if it's high-end, they want lots of narrative and these days, clear photos as well.

That is iconic! The two of you meeting in person and trying biscuits and gravy! How nice of both of you!

Just saying, we expect lots and lots of pictures and stories😁😁😆!

Enjoy!
I think they have met before on KK's last trip to SW OH. I think there might be some photos buried in a thread somewhere?
For real and in person!

Biscuits & Gravy, an American classic, of with karadekoolaid has yet to experience, so I’m treating him.
I saw that menu in the "What would you choose" thread. They must have good biscuits and gravy there or you wouldn't have chosen that restaurant!

I'm getting ready for work. I am driving over to NW Pennsylvania today. It's a pretty drive and it's a pretty day for a drive. Much of it is rural so there are lots of cows, horses, and green fields (pastures and cornfields) to look at. Once I start getting into PA there are more rolling hills as it's the foothills of the Allegheny Mountains.

It has to be worded subjectively, but yes, they expect the shopper to be precise about the quality, service, timings, etc. Especially if it's high-end, they want lots of narrative and these days, clear photos as well.
This shop only requires photos of bill before paying and after with tip. I've been through the form twice because thought I had missed photo requirements, but nope, nada. Still going to take photos just in case.

This shop only requires photos of bill before paying and after with tip. I've been through the form twice because thought I had missed photo requirements, but nope, nada. Still going to take photos just in case.
You are probably right, but if it's a delicious meal (which I hope it is) you will likely want photos anyway!

I'm getting ready for work. I am driving over to NW Pennsylvania today. It's a pretty drive and it's a pretty day for a drive. Much of it is rural so there are lots of cows, horses, and green fields (pastures and cornfields) to look at. Once I start getting into PA there are more rolling hills as it's the foothills of the Allegheny Mountains.

Any amish around there?

Russ

I think they have met before on KK's last trip to SW OH. I think there might be some photos buried in a thread somewhere?

I saw that menu in the "What would you choose" thread. They must have good biscuits and gravy there or you wouldn't have chosen that restaurant!
I’d never eaten there, it’s a diner very near where karadekoolaid is staying, so we took a chance, but it was excellent - I dare say the best biscuits and gravy I’ve have in a diner around here since we moved back in 2004, and a nice little hole-in-the-wall place:

IMG_8733.jpeg

I’ll definitely be bringing MrsT down - it’s about 40 minutes from our house.

Back
Top Bottom