Plans for today (2024)

My plans for today are working this afternoon, which almost got kabotched. My middle daughter, whom I love dearly but always thinks that the world revolves around her plans, was flying in from Texas last night and our youngest daughter was picking her up from the Cleveland airport at 10:30 PM. Around 9:30 PM we heard she missed her connecting flight from Nashville to Cleveland and was stuck in Nashville overnight. Youngest daughter was planning on going back to her apartment in Indianapolis early this morning (6 hours drive) because she has to work tomorrow and had laundry to do, etc. so she told our middle daughter she couldn't come get her (today), so MD texted her dad last night (who was a bit tipsy) asking if he could pick her up from the airport today at 12:45 PM. He said he would. Problem is, he lost his contacts and the temporary replacement pair his eye doctor gave him aren't the correct prescription and he can't see further than 30 feet. There are some new ones on order but they haven't come in yet. His vision is so bad that on Friday he asked me to drive him to the bank 10 miles away because he was worried about not being able to see and also asked if I could take him to the lawyer appointment on Monday only 20 miles away. So if he can't see to drive that close to home, how is he supposed to be able to drive up to Cleveland 40 miles away and back on the expressway in heavy traffic with 4th of July weekend travelers coming home? The roads are going to be busy and it's a horrible idea.

I texted my youngest daughter and explained about her dad's vision and that I had to go to work today because I had to take time off to run errands for her dad Friday and Monday so I couldn't pick up her sister, as I am working east of where we live and Cleveland is north. The kids just don't realize how his health is faltering in so many ways (smoking and drinking mostly), and his vision has been bad for a number of years, even with glasses and contacts he doesn't see very well. His glasses are 15 years old and he only wears them around the house when his eyes dry out from the contacts. He is supposed to see his eye doctor August 1st for an exam and he will probably get bifocals or even trifocals, I don't know that much about it because I luckily only have to wear readers. I have told the kids this over and over again but they think of their father as superman and just can't seem to accept that he isn't. Don't they get that when he and I drive 10 hours to South Carolina to stay at the beach I would rather not have to drive the entire way without help?

So YD agreed to go pick up her sister from the airport and I am getting ready for work now. I am a little irritated with MD because she should have known that flying on 4th of July weekend there are bound to be delays and she should have booked a longer layover. She flies all over the country and should know better. In fact, she has to fly to Chicago for work Monday night, so her plan on visiting family and friends here for a day was rather silly, she should have just waited and flown straight to Chicago. What do I know, I have only been alive for 62 years and flying since I was 4.

Okay, off to work shortly, but DH just asked me to drive him to the convenience store before I go because he can't see to drive 2 miles...

My plans for today are working this afternoon, which almost got kabotched. My middle daughter, whom I love dearly but always thinks that the world revolves around her plans, was flying in from Texas last night and our youngest daughter was picking her up from the Cleveland airport at 10:30 PM. Around 9:30 PM we heard she missed her connecting flight from Nashville to Cleveland and was stuck in Nashville overnight. Youngest daughter was planning on going back to her apartment in Indianapolis early this morning (6 hours drive) because she has to work tomorrow and had laundry to do, etc. so she told our middle daughter she couldn't come get her (today), so MD texted her dad last night (who was a bit tipsy) asking if he could pick her up from the airport today at 12:45 PM. He said he would. Problem is, he lost his contacts and the temporary replacement pair his eye doctor gave him aren't the correct prescription and he can't see further than 30 feet. There are some new ones on order but they haven't come in yet. His vision is so bad that on Friday he asked me to drive him to the bank 10 miles away because he was worried about not being able to see and also asked if I could take him to the lawyer appointment on Monday only 20 miles away. So if he can't see to drive that close to home, how is he supposed to be able to drive up to Cleveland 40 miles away and back on the expressway in heavy traffic with 4th of July weekend travelers coming home? The roads are going to be busy and it's a horrible idea.

I texted my youngest daughter and explained about her dad's vision and that I had to go to work today because I had to take time off to run errands for her dad Friday and Monday so I couldn't pick up her sister, as I am working east of where we live and Cleveland is north. The kids just don't realize how his health is faltering in so many ways (smoking and drinking mostly), and his vision has been bad for a number of years, even with glasses and contacts he doesn't see very well. His glasses are 15 years old and he only wears them around the house when his eyes dry out from the contacts. He is supposed to see his eye doctor August 1st for an exam and he will probably get bifocals or even trifocals, I don't know that much about it because I luckily only have to wear readers. I have told the kids this over and over again but they think of their father as superman and just can't seem to accept that he isn't. Don't they get that when he and I drive 10 hours to South Carolina to stay at the beach I would rather not have to drive the entire way without help?

So YD agreed to go pick up her sister from the airport and I am getting ready for work now. I am a little irritated with MD because she should have known that flying on 4th of July weekend there are bound to be delays and she should have booked a longer layover. She flies all over the country and should know better. In fact, she has to fly to Chicago for work Monday night, so her plan on visiting family and friends here for a day was rather silly, she should have just waited and flown straight to Chicago. What do I know, I have only been alive for 62 years and flying since I was 4.

Okay, off to work shortly, but DH just asked me to drive him to the convenience store before I go because he can't see to drive 2 miles...
It’s kind of sweet they think their Dads invincible but wotta pita!

I was listening to a podcast by two reasonably well known personalities, ones a singer and ones as television presenter.
One was complaining about how their children take their time and energies for granted and then they both went on to what they expect from their own parents.

She didn’t recognise she was treating her parents like an endless commodity - exactly the same way she had been complaining about her own children treating her 😂

Perhaps it’s an ingrained thing to assume nothing is too much trouble for your parents?!

This afternoon I'm planning on reviewing all my little sis's recipes and trying to get (some of) them transcribed on the laptop. The rest of the family has gone off the the Aeroplane Museum at Dayton and I'm not even vaguely interested in looking at aeroplanes. They have the same draw as cars - they take you from one place to another, that's about as far as my interest goes.

Today's plans are many
  • to clean out the chicken coops plural. Avian influenza is spreading rapidly in our part of Australia at the moment, and I'm not able to separate my chooks from the native wild birds. But I can clean out both coops to help minimise disk of any irritation to their air sacs (chickens don't have lungs) and their respiratory system in general.

But it's a massive job and needs be to don full protective clothing and a P3 respiratory mask. Thankfully it usually only gets done once a year per coop. But we're increasing that to twice a year as a precaution.​

Then I'll need to start on the house. We've been given very little notice about the twice yearly inspection and it's now in Tuesday.

• So I've got to clean the bathroom and toilet from top to bottom.
  • Clean the oven (hubby has already asked why and said it's clean enough, what's the problem? It might be clean enough for us, but it is never clean even for a house inspection and it is something they always meticulously check and photograph. So I can't leave that job to him. )
  • Wash all the vinyl floors
  • Clean the mud room yet again
  • Move the small(ish) chicken coop off the verandah and back into the shed. (2 person job so no delegation)
  • Sweep the verandah (I can delegate that one) (chook shit & feathers)
  • Sweep the back for area to clear chook shit
  • Tidy all the counters and clean them
  • Dust the sitting room. It's thick with dust and ash with us having the fire in that room.
  • Tidy the laundry room
  • Try to get another load of washing on but how I'll get it dry in not certain on.
So I'll say bye for the day and get started.
I pulled these out of our P3 masks...
20240708_071339.jpg

Yep, definitely fine to replace them. They were new going into the chook house!

A parcel is awaiting for me to pick it up from the Post, this small local one works in shifts, so its after noon today.

Another parcel is announced for delivery. Those are the yoghurt ferment and the vegetable boxes.

I need to go to the bank, and will visit the bio food store nearby later on. Yesterday I tried as planned downtown, but there was road maintenance, and could not pass through...

There is a webinar on ADD at 7 pm local time, 1 Eastern, not sure yet if will watch live or a recording.

I've got a bunch of packages of craft supplies to sort through for my next several projects. Also ordered some storage boxes, a couple with compartments, to get started sorting through all the furniture and stuff in the dollhouse.

Had to order a yard or more of some fabric and laces as they had minimal yardage requirements. That's a lot of fabric and lace for doll clothes, since the dolls are 6 inches or less in height. So, I'm going to box up a personal RAK box for 1 person that I know doesn't have much money to spend on doll stuff, but loves making them, and going to send a big box to the leader of the doll group I belong to as she gathers stuff and sends out for contest prizes and just RAK boxes.

Back
Top Bottom