The CookingBites recipe challenge: saffron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recipe - Mexican shrimp cocktail/gazpacho (sort of) with saffron

20240818_182907.jpg

A big thank you to everyone who entered. I was half expecting the ingredient might limit the number participants but in fact nine members pariticipated which is high compared to the average. Overall, the standard of recipes was high and showed a good understanding of how to use saffron. It was also good to see some sweet recipes as well as savoury. In terms of sweet recipes commendations go to TastyReuben for Saffron Cake and to Timenspace for White chocolate saffron pralines

I've made comments in all the recipe threads about the dishes so I won't repeat them here. This is my list of possible winners:

medtran49 with Mexican shrimp cocktail/gazpacho (sort of) with saffron
AgileMJOLNIR with Meygoo Dopiyazeh (Persian Shrimp, Pepper, Onion & Saffron Curry)
karadekoolaid with Spanish Almond Soup with Spinach "meatballs"
JAS_OH1 with Creamy saffron and champagne shrimp and grits
SatNavSaysStraightOn with Roasted Saffron Cauliflower with Date Dressing
blades with Huevos en Salsa de Asafran - Mediterranean style Saffron Eggs

I'll think on this and post a shortlist soon.

Finally:

I chose blades with Huevos en Salsa de Asafran - Mediterranean style Saffron Eggs

...not least because I hadn't come across a dish like this before and I love eggs!

So its now over to you blades to choose the next ingredient and become judge for the next round. As usual, its best to choose an ingredient which is fairly accessible in all our various countries. It doesn't matter if you choose an ingredient which has gone before so long as it wasn't too recently. A list of all ingredients chosen is here in date order and here in alphabetical order.

If you want to you can 'float' an idea for the next ingredient in this thread or if in doubt PM me or another moderator for advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom