The CookingBites recipe challenge: saffron

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to make the paella, but it won't be until I come back from New York after my birthday.It normally calls for a lot of meat & seafood, but I'm only using chicken wings, shrimp & scallops. That's it!!! :whistling:

Gee. Thanks. You have convinced me to make the dish again next week. Would avocado be a good choice for an ingredient? Avocados are a pantry item in our kitchen and I'm always up for seeing some new ways to use them. If there are no problems, let's make it avocado. That would be aguacate for Mr. Koolaid.

Gee. Thanks. You have convinced me to make the dish again next week. Would avocado be a good choice for an ingredient? Avocados are a pantry item in our kitchen and I'm always up for seeing some new ways to use them. If there are no problems, let's make it avocado. That would be aguacate for Mr. Koolaid.
Blades - Here is a list of previously chosen ingredients. Looking at this it doesn’t seem Avocado has been chosen yet unless it happened before ingredients were being tracked. Even if it was a repeat ingredient is just fine. Is up to you as the winner this time around! I for one love Avocado but its always good to pick an ingredient that is available in different regions of the world since this forum is quite diverse.

Link

Blades - Here is a list of previously chosen ingredients. Looking at this it doesn’t seem Avocado has been chosen yet unless it happened before ingredients were being tracked. Even if it was a repeat ingredient is just fine. Is up to you as the winner this time around! I for one love Avocado but its always good to pick an ingredient that is available in different regions of the world since this forum is quite diverse
I did post the link to ingredients, above. No, it hasn't been chosen before. The list tracks ingredients chosen from the first challenge onwards.

Maybe it hasn't been chosen before because aside from putting it in salads or guacamole or slathering it on toast people have thought it has limited options? But we will see...

Avocados it is!

Maybe it hasn't been chosen before because aside from putting it in salads or guacamole or slathering it on toast people have thought it has limited options? But we will see...

Avocados it is!
It also depends on each judge, some just want it as an ingredient, others want it to be the star of the dish. It would be great to know the judge's expectations. I always assume it just needs to be a component unless the judge specifies otherwise.

let's make it avocado. That would be aguacate for Mr. Koolaid.
Avocado, aguacate, palta - they all taste good!
We've got about 7-8 varieties here, and not one of them is Haas.
Here are two of them: the hybrid version ( which is called criollo) and the ones from the west, in Maracaibo.
Avocado Injerto.JPG
Avocados Maracaibo.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom