The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another day of blue skies forecast here.

I would really appreciate them being wrong. they are not normally. :(
"It's a hard life", to quote Calvin and Hobbs.

breakfast outside wearing 3 layers to stay warm.
Dinner outside wearing 1 layer trying to stay cool
Tea outside wearing 3 layers thinking there's a chill in the air add is going dark...

:laugh:

At least it gets us away from that TV!

On our way back to normality, after a lovely weekend with friends for a special party. Unfortunately I have a sore throat and didn't have much appetite so I didn't partake of much of the amazing fare on offer. The food and drink were outstanding. I did particularly enjoy the ox cheek stew. Because our friends are in the hospitality industry, they know a lot of well known people and there were many recognisable faces. I passed Oz Clark (wine expert) on the beach this morning and we agreed how lovely the weekend had been. Last night I was talking to Nigel Bardon (BBC radio 2 chef).

On our way back to normality, after a lovely weekend with friends for a special party. Unfortunately I have a sore throat and didn't have much appetite so I didn't partake of much of the amazing fare on offer. The food and drink were outstanding. I did particularly enjoy the ox cheek stew. Because our friends are in the hospitality industry, they know a lot of well known people and there were many recognisable faces. I passed Oz Clark (wine expert) on the beach this morning and we agreed how lovely the weekend had been. Last night I was talking to Nigel Bardon (BBC radio 2 chef).
Jealous.

Name dropper

Any more?

Currently hiding in the toilet after my hubby said he was wasting time on the internet. I suggested that whilst it was actually cool enough he considered doing something helpful like the hoovering. he's just done a room that didn't need doing, in under 3 minutes flat. now given that it normally takes around 2-3 hours to do half the house by which time it is too hot to do anymore... I've decided hiding is my best option and I'll repeat the work tomorrow morning when he is flying to Sydney. he had a 4am start... he'll be too tired to notice that is cleaner, assuming he even notices in the first place!

Can't actually remember the last time the hoover came out around here! But I did manage to clean the downstairs bathroom last week. That was not nice. Must try to do that more often so it doesn't get so disgusting. Upstairs one is still in need though.

Australia is much more dusty than the UK. very much more so.

It's now been done apparently! shame I know the single room that really needed it, ok 2 or 3, haven't been done at all or properly. no furniture had been moved, no anything else covered, no window frames or window sills... hover had just been put away! you can work out how much time spent in each room from one post to the next... we have 3 bedrooms, a very large kitchen and huge sitting room, plus a sun room. not to mention the studio...

Currently hiding in the toilet after my hubby said he was wasting time on the internet. I suggested that whilst it was actually cool enough he considered doing something helpful like the hoovering. he's just done a room that didn't need doing, in under 3 minutes flat. now given that it normally takes around 2-3 hours to do half the house by which time it is too hot to do anymore... I've decided hiding is my best option and I'll repeat the work tomorrow morning when he is flying to Sydney. he had a 4am start... he'll be too tired to notice that is cleaner, assuming he even notices in the first place!
Did you have to mention hoovering? I need to do that myself.

Crap

Just come out of the medical imagining centre.

Guy doing the scan noted the added extra if my left ribs... the initial scan caught the bottom of my rib cage. after which he came in and asked exactly what had I done back in October to my ribs and how many breaks were confirmed. 3 were confirmed on X-ray. A 4th indicated as possible. I suspected 5 across 4 ribs and said so, but also said his scan picture showed me more than that just from what I could tell.

I got asked if he could test his equipment on me to see how many it could find. would I mind? save me another appointment etc, so yes get on with it. well, I have at least 10 fractures potentially 11 across multiple ribs. some may not be healing,but that's for my Dr to decide on!

At least I know now why I still hurt!

Another day of blue skies forecast here.

Blue sky here today.........

bluesky.jpg

Crap

Just come out of the medical imagining centre.

Guy doing the scan noted the added extra if my left ribs... the initial scan caught the bottom of my rib cage. after which he came in and asked exactly what had I done back in October to my ribs and how many breaks were confirmed. 3 were confirmed on X-ray. A 4th indicated as possible. I suspected 5 across 4 ribs and said so, but also said his scan picture showed me more than that just from what I could tell.

I got asked if he could test his equipment on me to see how many it could find. would I mind? save me another appointment etc, so yes get on with it. well, I have at least 10 fractures potentially 11 across multiple ribs. some may not be healing,but that's for my Dr to decide on!

At least I know now why I still hurt!

Oh my goodness!! Ouch!!

Oh my goodness!! Ouch!!
Thanks.
It does help in a few ways though because this type of scan was to highlight inflammation in both the bones and soft tissue and it had done exactly that. It also guages it for them as well because the whiter the area the more isotope had been absorbed which means more inflammation. Plus it proves it's not in my head, that there really is a problem. It was rather useful tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom