The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a craving for old style British puddings. And I never eat puddings! Now I'm wanting rice pudding, semolina, tapioca (some in cupboard)...

We went out for a meal this evening, a place called Observatory, it is a Beefeater so we knew what we were getting. TVC started with pate and I decided to go retro with prawn cocktail, it was served with 2 slices of ciabatta and a rock solid pat of butter, it wasn't wrapped so couldn't pick it up to warm it to soften.
That is 1 thing that annoys me, I understand they have to keep the butter cold but because you can't use it I assume they must throw them away because it has already been on 1 plate, what a waste.

Bird ate the lines?
I might believe a bird flew into a transformer.
Close, high voltage power lines

Cooked birdy on the ground!
Yep! But how come the carcass wasn't burnt away? Anyhow, that cost 3,500 hectares of land, a good several handfuls of homes, thousands of hours of fire fighting and quite a lot of concern with several major roads closed and road here diversions are rather like some in Scotland, lengthy or impossible in a day!

Close, high voltage power lines

Yep! But how come the carcass wasn't burnt away? Anyhow, that cost 3,500 hectares of land, a good several handfuls of homes, thousands of hours of fire fighting and quite a lot of concern with several major roads closed and road here diversions are rather like some in Scotland, lengthy or impossible in a day!
It'll often leave the skeleton, where there's a break in the wires. Sometimes stuck to the wire.

I don't think we'll be talking about sparrow sized here.

Very cold but sunny this morning - but everything is still just so DAMP ! Most of yesterday consisted of a very thin but never ending cold drizzle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom