The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should have told her it might be a rat!

Heck no that is even worse. The business next to us moved out a while ago and left a horrible mess in the yard which resulted in rats moving in. Our pest control people really earned their money that time, even had to get environmental people in to sort out the previous tenants to clear up the mess. My boss almost had heart failure then and she didn't even see any.

I've been there as well. Ended up with something called Morton's neuroma in both feet. I couldn't walk 10feet initially! It took years before I could walk any distance again and I now have special lumps in my orthopaedic inner soles to separate the metatarsals out. Nerve damage.... It was caused by my foot wear so have a good look at yours. Mine were to tight, but you may just have laced your boots too tightly etc. I can't wear certain brands anymore, they are simply not wide enough. I can't go bare foot for long and for years I could only wear mountaineering boots that had no flex in the soles whatsoever irrespective of the weather! Take it easy and let them heal.

I have to be sensible when it comes to shoes, comfortable with support, only wear heels about once a year and only for a short time. Cannot walk around in flip flops or flat shoes so having a glam night out can be a bit tricky.

Erm something appears to have happened, I cannot get from CC to here or the gardening forum, @Shaun what have you done :scratchhead: or have I missed something :unsure:

Erm something appears to have happened, I cannot get from CC to here or the gardening forum, @Shaun what have you done :scratchhead: or have I missed something :unsure:
I've removed the bottom-of-page links to separate the sites. There's a practical reason for it. :okay:

I have to be sensible when it comes to shoes, comfortable with support, only wear heels about once a year and only for a short time. Cannot walk around in flip flops or flat shoes so having a glam night out can be a bit tricky.
I don't even own any! All I have are soft hiking boots which are my every day shoes, a pair of hiking shoes which I sometimes cycle in if my feet are good and I don't have to walk anywhere but are rarely used because hypermobility issues in my ligaments in my legs, and currently 2 sets of stiff soled mountaineering boots that take crampons (but I would need to buy crampons and ice axes again!). The mountaineering boots are just too personal and too darn expensive to replace at £300 a pair and we both have 2 pairs each! (they were half that price when we bought ours many moons ago but that is what they would cost now to replace with the exact same model and one set of mine are different sizes because it suited me better and the shop were exceptionally helpful because I knew them very well).
I have never owned anything with even a slight heel on it except perhaps a set of wooden clogs! I actually have to wear boots all the time to hold my lower legs in the correct place to prevent knee damage because my ligaments are too flexible. I hate it and simmer here with upper 30C and 40C is going to be interesting!

I don't even own any! All I have are soft hiking boots which are my every day shoes, a pair of hiking shoes which I sometimes cycle in if my feet are good and I don't have to walk anywhere but are rarely used because hypermobility issues in my ligaments in my legs, and currently 2 sets of stiff soled mountaineering boots that take crampons (but I would need to buy crampons and ice axes again!). The mountaineering boots are just too personal and too darn expensive to replace at £300 a pair and we both have 2 pairs each! (they were half that price when we bought ours many moons ago but that is what they would cost now to replace with the exact same model and one set of mine are different sizes because it suited me better and the shop were exceptionally helpful because I knew them very well).
I have never owned anything with even a slight heel on it except perhaps a set of wooden clogs! I actually have to wear boots all the time to hold my lower legs in the correct place to prevent knee damage because my ligaments are too flexible. I hate it and simmer here with upper 30C and 40C is going to be interesting!

Its a while since I wore high heels - but even when I did they never stayed on for long. The only shoes which feel vaguely comfortable to me are open sandals. Not with heels - just flat Birkenstock type sandals. Anything else makes me feel trapped and hems my feet in. Even light-weight trainers, I find hot and uncomfortable. Its a bit of a problem for me in the winter! I've been known to wear sandals with opaque tights (its supposed to be a fashion no-no) in January!

Its a while since I wore high heels - but even when I did they never stayed on for long. The only shoes which feel vaguely comfortable to me are open sandals. Not with heels - just flat Birkenstock type sandals. Anything else makes me feel trapped and hems my feet in. Even light-weight trainers, I find hot and uncomfortable. Its a bit of a problem for me in the winter! I've been known to wear sandals with opaque tights (its supposed to be a fashion no-no) in January!
I always used to go barefoot everywhere. I was known to drive to the local shops (3 or 4 miles away) and realise I had no shoes even in the car with me. the staff got used to it and would just tell me where the breakages had been (if there had been any) and if I needed something from there they would get it for me. Sadly most shops now wont let you in unless you have footwear on! But those days are well and truly over even if you don't take my issues into account (they did bother me as a teenager and early 20's but I didn't know what the problem was - I used to sprain, twist, strain, and tear muscles/tendons/ligaments/ankles all the time and often ended up in A&E or even in plaster (achilies tendon 3 times). etc) now, the issues are known boots have resolved a lot of the problems, but even if that wasn't an issue, the snake and spider side of life here in Australia means sensible precautions need to be taken like never putting your hand into somewhere you can't see into (and more to the point are actually looking at!) and also not risking getting bitten by snakes. Sadly this means I need to change my boots soon (it should be snake season now, but it is still too wet and too cold for them here and I haven't yet seen any) because I need to either get gum boots (wellies) but I can't wear those because they don't give the support I need, so I need to get proper workmen's boots that lace up my legs to protect the lower half of the calves from being bitten. Ahh well. worst things happen than having to buy new boots.

on a general chat theme it is raining that hard that it is coming down the chimney now and the chooks retreated to the chook house around 8am when it started and have yet to leave it (its now 11:30am and shows no sign of relenting yet - thankfully because it is filling my water tanks up for the summer and this will be my only drinking water (dish washing water, shower are also on this, but the toilet and washing machine are on what is known as bore water which after this rain will actually be very good quality water if I refill the bore tank either today or tomorrow).

Yesterday a young girl came here to work looking for a job, whilst filling in the application form the production manager had a chat with her and explained time keeping was of great importance. Her reply was that she would be late by about 10/15 minutes everyday because she had a kid, not sure she understands the whole 'work' thing.

I am at work and have set up CC and this forum in my favourites but I cannot find the gardening forum on the internet, I would like to set that up as well, can someone please point me in the right direction? I just used to have CC on here and swapped between the 3 now it has changed I need to set them up separately.

I am at work and have set up CC and this forum in my favourites but I cannot find the gardening forum on the internet, I would like to set that up as well, can someone please point me in the right direction? I just used to have CC on here and swapped between the 3 now it has changed I need to set them up separately.
You have PM. :D

Our FD has started coming in on a Friday, never used to so not sure why he travels up from Oxford just for about 3 hours :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom