The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read it as being back in time as in a physical it has happened rather than an earlier numerically concept... Both are the same and correct, but back to Monday for me reads as an actual even and "back to Monday" is for me, last Monday which was the 17th ...
Seems you weren't the only one to think that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
It happened again! Every now and then I get synchronicity of reading an unusual word whilst simultaneously hearing it e.g. on the radio - at the same split second!

Today I was looking at a TV film guide and read the film title "That's Entertainment" the same split second as hearing Jam sing the chorus of their song "That's Entertainment!"
default_ohmy.png

Has this happened to anyone else? (Usually it occurs with just one unusual word).

It has been several years ago but I was reading Airport by Arthur Hailey. Hubby was watching a movie. At the exact second I got to the plane landing, there was a train wreck in the movie.
That was wild.

Oh today: we were in a thrift store in San Angelo, I was thinking I would love to find Southern Living Annual Recipes 2004. Didn't find it there. We decided to detour and go through Big Spring on the way home. It is 17 miles or 27 km farther. The book was on the top shelf at the thrift store there. Paid $1 for it.

Seems you weren't the only one to think that way.

I have heard the phrases "to put it back until" and "to bring forward" - strange language English.

However, my point was, why move it anyway?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have heard the phrases "to put it back until" and "to bring forward" - strange language English.

However, my point was, why move it anyway?
The Church day, Sunday, comes first. Look what happened when the 17th March fell on a Sunday. Or Christmas Day last year? Two Bank Holidays and no christmas.

St. George's day is not a bank holiday (AFAIK). And why "Church day" (first time I've heard that expression) should take precedence when the majority of British people don't even recognise the church of England, beats me.

[Edit - we do not have Christmas as a holiday here neither the 17th March]

I appear to have caught some sun, my face and the back of my neck are red, the downside to having my hair cut.

Our moggy is now home and doing a circuit inside and out just to make sure everything is ok, serious business as she has ignored her biscuits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom