The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always thought that was the one day special provision was made, by everyone attending?

Australia is down to less than four survivors now. There's none from Gallipoli, for the first year.

There are veterans from WWI still alive today? They wpuld have to be around 115 years old, or older.

Today I went again to the new chippy that does excellent quality fish and chips! I made a discovery which may not sound that appealling....just try it though. The last time I was there the haddock and chips came with a little mixed salad and a small pot of tartare sauce. Today it came with mushy peas (as standard) along with the tartare sauce. The mushy peas were virtually tasteless so I wondered how they would taste mixed into the tartare sauce.....great! :okay:

I cannot deny that I experimented with drugs, albeit those that are not considered "hard" drugs. But I had a decent job and realised that I could have lost it if I had succumbed to other than occasional use.
Pretty much my point - they play and get high with no such consideration
The mushy peas were virtually tasteless so I wondered how they would taste mixed into the tartare sauce..
:eek::eek::eek: Such words should never be uttered in civilized company. The chip shop owner should be immediately hung from a lamp post as a warning to others of his ilk not to fail in their duty. Cooking in oil, tartar sauce, no newsprint on the chips - where will it end :cry:

Pretty much my point - they play and get high with no such consideration

:eek::eek::eek: Such words should never be uttered in civilized company. The chip shop owner should be immediately hung from a lamp post as a warning to others of his ilk not to fail in their duty. Cooking in oil, tartar sauce, no newsprint on the chips - where will it end :cry:
Yes well, I did expect such a response! Like I say, try it - you may well be surprised but I see you even now doing this
bolt.gif

wink.gif
Just an opportunity to use that emoticon...I am an emoticonalic!
558648.gif
671114.gif
default_wacko.png
780422031.gif

I am having a few beers today in honour of our Queen's 91st birthday.

queen-elizabeth-ii-jewellery-queen-elizabeth-ii-36725307-433-531-1.jpg
It took someone from the other side of the world to point out that today it's the Queen's birthday. I feel ever so slightly ashamed. Well done Yorky, I shall crack open a bottle!

It took someone from the other side of the world to point out that today it's the Queen's birthday. I feel ever so slightly ashamed. Well done Yorky, I shall crack open a bottle!

And it's Saint George's Day on Sunday so save a bottle or two for that!

It happened again! Every now and then I get synchronicity of reading an unusual word whilst simultaneously hearing it e.g. on the radio - at the same split second!

Today I was looking at a TV film guide and read the film title "That's Entertainment" the same split second as hearing Jam sing the chorus of their song "That's Entertainment!"
default_ohmy.png

Has this happened to anyone else? (Usually it occurs with just one unusual word).

That happens to me occasionally. More often with music, though. I'll be thinking of a song, and then I'll hear it on the radio within a few seconds later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom