The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the Queen's birthday today, I am brining some pork chops.

I could repost the recipe in case anyone's interested... you know, in her honor.

For the Queen's birthday today, I am brining some pork chops.

I could repost the recipe in case anyone's interested... you know, in her honor.

I had absolutely no idea it was her birthday - well, looking it up its not her real birthday. I'm not sure she like pork chops but never mind. :happy:

I don't understand your reasoning (or your point). If it was moved back to Monday that would be 17th of April which has already passed.
That'd be moving it forward a week.

In effect the 24th becomes the Saints day, not Sunday(the 23rd). That or you don't celebrate it at all.

I assure you that she would like these pork chops. :thumbsup:
She may well do! I suppose I should get a life since I am trying to work out what that emoticon is saying.....'good food?'

Reminds me of saying grace "Good food, good meat, good God let's eat!"

I like the sign of the cross: spectacles, testicles, wallet, and watch.
When I used to work on the motorways at every fault when I jumped out of the car on the hard shoulder I would check phone and wallet [top shirt pockets] and usually push my specs back on my nose too - it was a long time before work mates discovered I was not the most religious man in the company :whistling:

She may well do! I suppose I should get a life since I am trying to work out what that emoticon is saying.....'good food?'

Reminds me of saying grace "Good food, good meat, good God let's eat!"

If you hover your cursor over the emoticon it tells you. In this case - OK (thumbs up)!

but you said moving it back to Monday, as in backwards in time to last Monday... I also read it that way as well.... :D :laugh:
That'd be moving it forward. The 17th comes before the 23rd.

If you were to be somewhere for the 23rd, but it got moved back a day you'd then need to be there on the 24th.

That'd be moving it forward. The 17th comes before the 23rd.

If you were to be somewhere for the 23rd, but it got moved back a day you'd then need to be there on the 24th.
I read it as being back in time as in a physical it has happened rather than an earlier numerically concept... Both are the same and correct, but back to Monday for me reads as an actual even and "back to Monday" is for me, last Monday which was the 17th ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom