The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are home from the gig. Wow it was amazing, Townsend and Daltry have so much energy, they could teach so much to the pups around today

Have you seen the documentary film "Amazing Journey" - I found it very good.

8267?size=900x350.jpg

Korean Conflict, Vietnam, two more with similar problems.
true, I had forgotten. I'm currently only at 1917 from the Australian perspective of WWI having studied it extensively in the past.
I have to confess though we have decided to bail on attending the Australia War Memorial on ANZAC day next week because wheelchairs and crowds simply do not mix and for some reason in the underground car park they have only put in 6 disabled bays which makes life interesting at the best of times. It seems rather an oversight to me to put so few in a place where so many would be attending in wheelchairs. They have a last post ceremony every night where family members of someone who gave their life on that day (in any war) reads out the post and a description of the person and their life, plus how they died etc. If no family member can be found, then a senior member of the armed forces attends and reads it instead. They are all posted on YouTube as well, somewhere. I know that one of my husband's work colleagues has read the last post several times now.

I never heard of that. A well done steak seems the opposite of all advice about cooking steak. Maybe @MypinchofItaly knows about that?

th?id=OIP.OEP769X6GavbWNtw8tlm9wEsDh&pid=15.jpg

Of course! Fiorentina steak (T-bone steak) is a cut of veal or sconce meat, which grilled, makes it one of the most famous dishes of Tuscan cuisine. The centre of steak is cooked to the blood (al sangue - I don't know how to translate this)...it's high one finger and a half or even two...Is a culinary experience more than a dish ... when you are in Florence you can not eat it! Obviously it's a unique dish (with a potato or vegetable dish) ...

You leave your house more than I leave mine.

I leave mine once a fortnight to collect my imported foodstuffs from a pub where it is delivered, once to go to the local pub, once a month to play snooker and sometimes to join my wife shopping if I find it difficult too explain what I want.

The advantage of not joining my wife shopping is that she takes a list and generally returns with what is on said list. If I go I return with what is on the list plus a load of other stuff that I didn't even know I wanted (or needed).

Last edited:
Have you seen the documentary film "Amazing Journey" - I found it very good.

8267?size=900x350.jpg
Does it say much about why Keith Moon was so self destructive? I suppose not. Someone who read his biography said it didn't shed any light on this either. I am interested in psychology, i.e. mind and behaviour - why people are the way they are....to try and understand them better. Sad life - troubled man!

Great drummer though.

No it doesn't dwell on why he was how he was. It does suggest that he took drugs like kids eat smarties though.
I find the drug thread seems to run through the 'media' like a constant stream - I do suspect that in many ways it is a case of way too much money and no responsibility - the juvenile and teenage crazyness that we all have never gets put under control, even a little. Result -= disaster

I cannot deny that I experimented with drugs, albeit those that are not considered "hard" drugs. But I had a decent job and realised that I could have lost it if I had succumbed to other than occasional use.

true, I had forgotten. I'm currently only at 1917 from the Australian perspective of WWI having studied it extensively in the past.
I have to confess though we have decided to bail on attending the Australia War Memorial on ANZAC day next week because wheelchairs and crowds simply do not mix and for some reason in the underground car park they have only put in 6 disabled bays which makes life interesting at the best of times. It seems rather an oversight to me to put so few in a place where so many would be attending in wheelchairs. They have a last post ceremony every night where family members of someone who gave their life on that day (in any war) reads out the post and a description of the person and their life, plus how they died etc. If no family member can be found, then a senior member of the armed forces attends and reads it instead. They are all posted on YouTube as well, somewhere. I know that one of my husband's work colleagues has read the last post several times now.
Always thought that was the one day special provision was made, by everyone attending?

Australia is down to less than four survivors now. There's none from Gallipoli, for the first year.

Last edited:
th?id=OIP.OEP769X6GavbWNtw8tlm9wEsDh&pid=15.jpg

Of course! Fiorentina steak (T-bone steak) is a cut of veal or sconce meat, which grilled, makes it one of the most famous dishes of Tuscan cuisine. The centre of steak is cooked to the blood (al sangue - I don't know how to translate this)...it's high one finger and a half or even two...Is a culinary experience more than a dish ... when you are in Florence you can not eat it! Obviously it's a unique dish (with a potato or vegetable dish) ...
So its not a 'well-done' steak? It is 'bloody' in the middle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom