The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, I shouldn't joke. They say you should walk a mile in someone's shoes.

That way if you've pissed them off, you're a mile away and they have no shoes.
Are the old jokes the best?
default_unsure.png
....maybe depends how often you heard it (but then I did stand up comedy!)
party.gif

I am fast developing a gastronic bucket list (that would involve visiting places!)

Last week it was stone crabs in Florida (from a programme I saw...the facial expressions made me envious and one person said it was the best meal he had tasted). Tonight I saw an Italian programme featuring Florence. I have never heard of florentine steaks and they looked massive i.e. the size of a plate when served at a restaurant. Again, I was envious of what was clearly an exceptional flavour! Has anyone had a florentine steak, i.e. in Florence? Apparently if you expect it to be well done you literally get shown the door!

Glad you decided against the beard

Spoil sport.

Oh, I didn't know only kids can get lice. I thought adults could too. I'm pretty sure I've read that they can in unsanitary conditions, or if they're around a lot of kids. I coached Little League and ran the Cub Scouts, so I was around a lot of kids until last year. My son is in 7th grade now, and plays sports that I don't know the first thing about: rugby and MMA.

And I AM a celebrity...in my own mind.

I keep myself well entertained. :D

Actually, my official title is a TV and Radio Broadcast Engineer. Which means I install, maintain, and upgrade all of the stuff that makes TV and radio happen.
The best way to describe my job is that I'm like Scotty on the Starship Enterprise, but for TV.

It's when your kids get lice and you have to treat your beard ......

And the back?

Last edited:
I just don't like to leave the house without having showered and washed my hair. However, I've met a lot of through hikers on the Appalachian trail over the years and they say a lot of what is being said here. These are folks who backpack 15+ miles everyday for 7 months or more in order to complete the trail. They say your body (and your hair) goes through a funky stage when you stop washing with soap every day, but then it sort of finds an equillibrium and you stop stinking so badly and just get a kind of mild musky smell
yep - very true. its the clothes that keep the smell that are the issue. I have done several long distance hiking trails plus spent a year on the road on a bike living out of a tent. you soon realise washing is wasted water and only the very basics need to be done on a daily basis. Hair is not on that list and waits for campsites where you have managed to arrive before dark and where you are having a rest day so that you don't go to bed with wet hair - never a good move at the best of time... and the one thing I learnt from it all was that I was at my healthiest when I didn't worry about washing. I loved that life and intend to get back to it somehow even if it is on a recumbent trike and only covering a short distance each day. I will get back to it one way or another... somehow.

Oh, I didn't know only kids can get lice. I thought adults could too. I'm pretty sure I've read that they can in unsanitary conditions
didn't soldiers in the first world war have major issues with lice?

I am a semi recluse (by choice) so I don't even leave my flat every day....I do so about 3 days a week! It's a lovely, laid back lifestyle that suits me well. (I do have good social skills but seem to need more time alone - what I call solitude - to recharge myself....I like the space, freedom!)
3 times a week is more than me. I'm lucky to leave 3 times a month at the moment. but i'm not inside all day long. I have a small perimeter around the house (virtual perimeter) which I don't often venture past. Its more I don't leave the home rather than the physical house. I get to talk to someone in the morning, when he rings me at lunchtime and in the evening. sometimes my brother will want me to ring him in the UK but otherwise unless my hubby rings me at lunch time, I don't even talk to anyone.

As excuses go, this one could be a new one...

DSC_0171.JPG

Who, me? You're using me as an excuse?

Meet Pipper, our injured survivor who is making life interesting for me at the moment. She's getting better and no longer wanting to play injured chook but rather I want to join the flock chook, only she can't because her injuries haven't healed enough yet. She's becoming a handful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom