The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picture please?

P_20170419_181820.jpg

I have to shower and brush my teeth every morning before I leave the house.
I am a semi recluse (by choice) so I don't even leave my flat every day....I do so about 3 days a week! It's a lovely, laid back lifestyle that suits me well. (I do have good social skills but seem to need more time alone - what I call solitude - to recharge myself....I like the space, freedom!)

Oh, I didn't know only kids can get lice. I thought adults could too. I'm pretty sure I've read that they can in unsanitary conditions, or if they're around a lot of kids. I coached Little League and ran the Cub Scouts, so I was around a lot of kids until last year. My son is in 7th grade now, and plays sports that I don't know the first thing about: rugby and MMA.

And I AM a celebrity...in my own mind.

I keep myself well entertained. :D

Actually, my official title is a TV and Radio Broadcast Engineer. Which means I install, maintain, and upgrade all of the stuff that makes TV and radio happen.
The best way to describe my job is that I'm like Scotty on the Starship Enterprise, but for TV.
Yes, adults can get lice usually from kids. Oh and contrary to popular belief, every child I know that got lice lived in a very clean house. Lice can't live in filthy hair and 99% of unsanitary homes don't bathe their children either.

Oh, I didn't know only kids can get lice. I thought adults could too. I'm pretty sure I've read that they can in unsanitary conditions, or if they're around a lot of kids. I coached Little League and ran the Cub Scouts, so I was around a lot of kids until last year. My son is in 7th grade now, and plays sports that I don't know the first thing about: rugby and MMA.

And I AM a celebrity...in my own mind.

I keep myself well entertained. :D

Actually, my official title is a TV and Radio Broadcast Engineer. Which means I install, maintain, and upgrade all of the stuff that makes TV and radio happen.
The best way to describe my job is that I'm like Scotty on the Starship Enterprise, but for TV.
I know exactly what your job is. The guy that makes sure everything works so the celebrity looks good.

I am a semi recluse (by choice) so I don't even leave my flat every day....I do so about 3 days a week! It's a lovely, laid back lifestyle that suits me well. (I do have good social skills but seem to need more time alone - what I call solitude - to recharge myself....I like the space, freedom!)
You leave your house more than I leave mine.

Really? That's interesting! Is it through choice are due to, perhaps, illness?
Since you put it that way, yes I have a touch of agrophobia, but it is not near as bad as it was 20 years ago. I don't drive.
It all started when I ran a business that was about 10 miles out of town. I never left the property by myself. I have since left that job.

I do need to start getting out again by myself so I don't get panic attacks again.

Very true - in fact one old cure [which of course still works] to get rid of them is coat the hair in oil of some sort - apparently it clogs up the little beasts [lice not the children] breathing pores.
I knew one girl that had to have motor oil used on her hair.

Us 3 never had lice, just for the record we lived in a very clean house. Then again I don't remember any other kids at school having them either.

Since you put it that way, yes I have a touch of agrophobia, but it is not near as bad as it was 20 years ago. I don't drive.
It all started when I ran a business that was about 10 miles out of town. I never left the property by myself. I have since left that job.

I do need to start getting out again by myself so I don't get panic attacks again.
Oh sorry to hear that. I didn't mean to pry - just curious!

The words 'baby steps' spring to mind....I sense that you know you can stave off the situation worsening.
icon_thumleft.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom