The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No - she saw it on Pinterest amongst a collection of 'hippy photos'. Its a photo held by Getty Images I think, since it was a newspaper.
Only 12,000,000 plus to check that way. From what I know, it works on who "pinned" it there.

It's just reached 38 degC here. Rather hot. My wife has turned on the lounge aircon thereby gently disposing of my hard earned pittance of a pension whilst I'm about to fall asleep drinking beer on the stoep.

I'm sure life could be worse.

I played it safe and went for a layered bob-cut or as my husband calls it a trim!. Looks and feels so much better without having a face full of hair. She did charge me for a pot of stuff to use, a tiny amount rubbed into my palms then run through the ends of my hair and scrunch it a bit, if I am not happy with it then I can take it back and get a refund. She agreed that a plastic comb may be best avoided and not to wash it everyday, I do it every other day

Yes, there's the Ellen de Generes look, the Sinead O'connor look, even the Jo Brand look. Personally, I would go with the Alice band.

I had thought of 'doing a Sinead' then starting afresh with a new style but I think that may be a bit harsh.

I had that experience with my mother, when I became her resident full time carer. Although I have done stand up comedy and can make most people laugh, I could not readily do so with her. If I tell you that she finds Benny Hill funny.....(enough said I think!)
default_wacko.png
1656269883.gif

All 3 of us peas are from the same pod and yet we are completely different.

A friend of mine lost virtually all of his hair during chemotherapy/radiology for cancer treatment. However, it grew back quite thickly to say he was 73 years old. Given that, I believe he would prefer to be alive bald than dead with a full head of hair.

I played it safe and went for a layered bob-cut or as my husband calls it a trim!. Looks and feels so much better without having a face full of hair. She did charge me for a pot of stuff to use, a tiny amount rubbed into my palms then run through the ends of my hair and scrunch it a bit, if I am not happy with it then I can take it back and get a refund. She agreed that a plastic comb may be best avoided and not to wash it everyday, I do it every other day
Frequency of hair washing is an interesting point. I have a theory that we tend (in the West at least) to wash hair too often, thus removing essential oils which we then try to put back using hair products. I wash my hair about once a week and hate the way it looks when just washed - its too fluffy. It looks much better after a few days. I knew someone who never washed there hair. It looked fine! He said after the first few weeks when it goes a bit 'greasy' it then settles down into an equilibrium.

I knew someone who never washed there hair. It looked fine! He said after the first few weeks when it goes a bit 'greasy' it then settles down into an equilibrium.

Raymond Baxter, "Tomorrow's World", persuaded a lady not to wash her hair for 3 months. Every week she was "interviewed" on the show and at first she was disgusted by the way it felt. After a few weeks it became better and after a couple of months she loved it. It looked better also.

I wash what little is left of mine twice a week.

Raymond Baxter, "Tomorrow's World", persuaded a lady not to wash her hair for 3 months. Every week she was "interviewed" on the show and at first she was disgusted by the way it felt. After a few weeks it became better and after a couple of months she loved it. It looked better also.

I wash what little is left of mine twice a week.
I have known people who did this and they say that the natural oils clean the hair. Also someone (on another forum) 'washes' their hair with apple cyder vinegar. I knew this makes a good rinse but (on further research) it transpires that it actually cleans the hair as well. I have thin, fine hair and shampooing weekly suffices.

Frequency of hair washing is an interesting point. I have a theory that we tend (in the West at least) to wash hair too often, thus removing essential oils which we then try to put back using hair products. I wash my hair about once a week and hate the way it looks when just washed - its too fluffy. It looks much better after a few days. I knew someone who never washed there hair. It looked fine! He said after the first few weeks when it goes a bit 'greasy' it then settles down into an equilibrium.
Agreed. When I was out on my bike, my hair was at its best.
I know that for a lot of my life listened to people telling me to wash my hair more often. And so on.

Now I find the best option is to wash it once a week or less as actually keep it covered which isn't hard because it's either very sunny, very windy (hence exceptionally dusty) or just cold, so a head covering of some form is useful!

And I've finally learnt to tie a head scarf properly.. It all helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom