The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may have mentioned this before.

A couple of months ago a stray dog gave birth to 9 puppies on the unoccupied land next to our house. Since then, my wife and her mate across the road have been feeding them and advertising them on the internet to attempt to find owners. Yesterday, a couple came to collect the final two and now my wife is miserable because she misses them.

If only I could :(

My washing machine decided today was a good day to throw an E18 error at me. It has taken too many attempts to resolve to number, but we think we may just have fixed it. I'll find out in the morning when I try to wash a load of clothes!
If you hear a lot of swearing coming from my direction, you'll know that E18 is winning and I have a load of washing to clean by hand... (yes, I hear you, we've tested it empty, first 3 times we got the error code back, 4th time it worked on a freshen up cycled (15 minutes and shortest program) and 5th time it also worked on the clean drum cycle (90C).) So tomorrow we go for a third successful program, this time with something in it! After all it is meant to be able to do something other than just clean itself!
Blockage in the drainage system, or the pump is on it's last legs.

or the pump is on it's last legs
I darn well hope not. It's a Bosch that's only just over a year old... I've had Bosch machines before which was +12 years old when we parted company with it and never had any issues with it... We only parted company because we went off to cycle around the world.

We think we have found all of the blockages, not that they were blocked only impeding the flow of water draining away... The filter if you can really call it that has quite a bit of hair and other such matter around the 'fan' and there was some b debris in the puppies exiting the washing machine. It's not the first time we've had this fault on this machine, but it is always a fight to track it down and clear it, then convince the machine it had been cleared and it doesn't help that the room is super hot either being made of glass and facing north... +45C in there and then fighting with the washing machine... Sweat is dropping off you in minutes. Great for showering in but nothing else!

I darn well hope not. It's a Bosch that's only just over a year old... I've had Bosch machines before which was +12 years old when we parted company with it and never had any issues with it... We only parted company because we went off to cycle around the world.

We think we have found all of the blockages, not that they were blocked only impeding the flow of water draining away... The filter if you can really call it that has quite a bit of hair and other such matter around the 'fan' and there was some b debris in the puppies exiting the washing machine. It's not the first time we've had this fault on this machine, but it is always a fight to track it down and clear it, then convince the machine it had been cleared and it doesn't help that the room is super hot either being made of glass and facing north... +45C in there and then fighting with the washing machine... Sweat is dropping off you in minutes. Great for showering in but nothing else!
The E18 pump error, relates more to Siemen machines than Bosch ones.

Nothing dropped into the pump, that may have damaged the impellor fan?

The E18 pump error, relates more to Siemen machines than Bosch ones.

Nothing dropped into the pump, that may have damaged the impellor fan?
No no damage to the impeller fan. But that was what most of the hair was wrapped around. Our instructions to on top say if you continue to get the E18 error that it could also be the pipes leading out to the drain. I'm not due to do another load until Friday or Saturday so having fought with it yet again (this isn't the first time we've had this error message though normally it complains about water not getting in fast enough) I won't know until the weekend... Thank you. :thumbsup:

Another really warm day here today. Ok who am I kidding? It's hot here. 31C at the moment though thankfully still cool enough at night to sleep with a lightweight duvet on.

Tomorrow and Thursday on the other hand are not looking so nice.
PSX_20171212_124833.jpg

No no damage to the impeller fan. But that was what most of the hair was wrapped around. Our instructions to on top say if you continue to get the E18 error that it could also be the pipes leading out to the drain. I'm not due to do another load until Friday or Saturday so having fought with it yet again (this isn't the first time we've had this error message though normally it complains about water not getting in fast enough) I won't know until the weekend... Thank you. :thumbsup:
Some machines have restrictors where the water hoses attach to the back of the machine. Easily removable. Fitted for high pressure areas but seldom with any adverse effect, unless you're in a low pressure area(water wise).

No no damage to the impeller fan. But that was what most of the hair was wrapped around. Our instructions to on top say if you continue to get the E18 error that it could also be the pipes leading out to the drain.

If we get an E18 error (Hitachi) I can almost guarantee that it's a Bht 5.00 coin in the flexible discharge pipe.Not normally a big problem to locate and remove.

Some machines have restrictors where the water hoses attach to the back of the machine. Easily removable. Fitted for high pressure areas but seldom with any adverse effect, unless you're in a low pressure area(water wise).

It's gravity fed on the washing machine. Ironically is not the washing machine or the gravity feed that is the issue, it's the filter that removes all the sand from the water first that is the issue because it's almost completely blocked. Periodically I have to crawl under the sink space (literally crawl under) and give it a good shake to dislodge the excess sand from the filter. I refuse to put the washing machine on the drinking water system which is a pressurised system running on a pump. There should be more than enough pressure from the bore water because it's 50m higher than we are and I know it is fine outside with the hoses. It's just that darn filter and the amount of sediment in the water system.

If we get an E18 error (Hitachi) I can almost guarantee that it's a Bht 5.00 coin in the flexible discharge pipe.Not normally a big problem to locate and remove.
I'm not sure we'll find many of those!

I also raid my husband's pockets before anything goes into the washing machine. I've even been known to take his trousers out of the washing machine to check them (when he has put them in himself...). I usually find tissues or his wedding ring, rarely money. I'm not sure what that says about our relationship! He takes his ring off when washing his hands or when doing anything around the house, so it's a game of hunt the wedding ring again...

@SatNavSaysStraightOn sorry to hear you are having such problems. Bosch is such a highly rated appliance manufacturer - the best of the best. Sounds like your issues are with your water rather than the machine. :( G leaves change in his pocket. A dollar or two a day. It's mine! I never checked his pockets prior to washing until he left his wallet in his pocket. He pitched an ever loving fit. I just smiled, took the money out of the wallet and left him to dry out everything else. He has not left his wallet in his pocket since then. Shucks - it was a good haul for me. Change in his pockets go into my Christmas fund.

Thank you all! I have received 1,000 likes!

I want you all to know that I feel privileged to be a member of this forum. You are all the best. I have learned so much from you. You have really taken me out of my box and expanded my culinary horizon.

:thankyou: and :love: you all!!

Elizabeth or "Your Majesty"

Another really warm day here today. Ok who am I kidding? It's hot here. 31C at the moment though thankfully still cool enough at night to sleep with a lightweight duvet on.

Tomorrow and Thursday on the other hand are not looking so nice.
View attachment 12065
I could do with some of that! We recorded -12°C last night and we still have about 8" of snow on the ground. I hope the gritters have been out or there is no way we will make it up the hill out of the village, even with 4wd.

I could do with some of that! We recorded -12°C last night and we still have about 8" of snow on the ground. I hope the gritters have been out or there is no way we will make it up the hill out of the village, even with 4wd.

Back in the late 70s early 80s I worked in near Grassington in the North Yorkshire Moors. I had a Mark II Cortina estate at the time and even with four 12" x 6" kerbstones over the rear wheels, it was always touch and go whether I'd make it to the site from Leeds. Before the job was finished the company changed my car to a 1750 Austin Maxi which was excellent at negotiating the ice covered hills. In fact, one day, I arrived at the site around 11:00 am (3 hours late) and only the Project Manager had managed to get there. He told me "You may as well go home in case it gets any worse".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom