The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
probably a good indication of their build quality
I worked for a BL dealership way back [second job] and the build quality was appalling - new cars with bubbles of rust beginning in out of the way places - underseal sprayed over part labels [until the labels fell off, then more rust]. Lots of good ideas squandered. A bit sad really

@Lullabelle
Explain please. What is a Velo club and what is a skittles evening?

Velo club, it is a cycling club. It is open to whoever wants to join in, 1 person leads 1 person stays at the back. There is usually a cafe or pub stop about half way.

Skittles: 9 wooden skittles are stood up at 1 end of the room and you have 3 wooden 'cheeses' which you throw at the skittles to knock them down. You are in groups and the group with the most knocked down wins.
The pub laid on chips (fries), sausages, faggots and mushy peas. It started just after 7 and we got back about 10 minutes ago-we may have had a dram or 2
:wink:

Had a Scottish mate (Aberdeen) around today and we were talking bonfires (5th November style). He'd never heard of parkin!

@morning glory

Galaxy 7S ordered - 5 to 7 days and I will be in the 21st century! Can't wait to try the camera. I like that I can expand the memory to 250 gigs. Perfect for picture taking.

I look forward to seeing your photos! :woot:I transfer my photos onto my MacBook Pro - easy, just plug the lead that is used for charging into the phone. Then I crop them and adjust colour etc. if necessary using the 'Photos' which is the MacBook App (it stores photos on the iCloud so it they don't use up space on my computer). Professionals tend to use Photoshop which can be used on PC or Mac but I don't really find the need for it at the moment. If you are using a PC then you can download free photo editing software - GIMP is supposed to be good.

I look forward to seeing your photos! :woot:I transfer my photos onto my MacBook Pro - easy, just plug the lead that is used for charging into the phone. Then I crop them and adjust colour etc. if necessary using the 'Photos' which is the MacBook App (it stores photos on the iCloud so it they don't use up space on my computer). Professionals tend to use Photoshop which can be used on PC or Mac but I don't really find the need for it at the moment. If you are using a PC then you can download free photo editing software - GIMP is supposed to be good.
Have you tried photoshop express? It had everything you need to edit for minor adjustments on a tablet and is free.
Saving is a little odd mind you because you have to click on the share button and then to drive or wherever but I find it better than faffing around with transfers for minor edits and crops.

Have you tried photoshop express? It had everything you need to edit for minor adjustments on a tablet and is free.
Saving is a little odd mind you because you have to click on the share button and then to drive or wherever but I find it better than faffing around with transfers for minor edits and crops.
I used Photoshop (the full version) when I used a PC at work but that was ages back. I find Mac Photos does what I need at the moment with added advantage that everything is saved elsewhere automatically. GIMP seems to get best reviews but I've never used it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom