The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We spent time with my family today and it was the first time we met my great nephew. He was passed around and started to cry so my dad 'the gaffer' took him and all was silent, little Lincoln just laid there in my dad's arms quiet as a mouse.

View attachment 12254

A very lovely moment in a pic

12:30 a.m. :tired: but eyes wide open and my brain won't shut down. Over the past 2 or 3 years insomnia has become a more frequent occurrence. Either I can not get to sleep until it is almost time to get up or I sleep for a couple of hours, wake up and can not go back to sleep.

One of those nights - can not sleep. Up side - I don't have to go to work! :giggle:

12:30 a.m. :tired: but eyes wide open and my brain won't shut down. Over the past 2 or 3 years insomnia has become a more frequent occurrence. Either I can not get to sleep until it is almost time to get up or I sleep for a couple of hours, wake up and can not go back to sleep.

One of those nights - can not sleep. Up side - I don't have to go to work! :giggle:
Try for the record, elven days!!

Hubby had been carrying my tomatoes in each night (and putting them our again in the morning). He informed me tonight that I no longer have any unripe tomatoes on the plants. He got them in 3hrs after dark. So the possum had eaten them. Bang goes my tomatoes for this year. Worse than even last year. At least I got a few ripe ones last year. Right now I haven't got a single fruit, ripe or unripe and they don't look healthy. Hubby was meant to have built a wire cage to put them in to protect them (so he didn't have to keep moving them) but hasn't got around to it yet...

@classic33

Very familiar with the life cycle and the damage from these very nasty critters. Spring of this year was my first encounter with horn worms. They nearly destroyed my tomato crop. I had to resort to BT. The infestation on my fall tomatoes was less severe - one plant. I picked them off but did apply BT to the one infested plant. Fortunately the moths had only laid on that one plant.

I had a HUGE infestation of cabbage worms this fall and had to resort to BT. I use dish soap with a little water for aphid control.

Spring of this year - one day my mater plants were beautiful - next day nearly destroyed. Absolutely HATE horn worms.

@classic33

Very familiar with the life cycle and the damage from these very nasty critters. Spring of this year was my first encounter with horn worms. They nearly destroyed my tomato crop. I had to resort to BT. The infestation on my fall tomatoes was less severe - one plant. I picked them off but did apply BT to the one infested plant. Fortunately the moths had only laid on that one plant.

I had a HUGE infestation of cabbage worms this fall and had to resort to BT. I use dish soap with a little water for aphid control.

Spring of this year - one day my mater plants were beautiful - next day nearly destroyed. Absolutely HATE horn worms.
Clean soapy water sprayed on the plants?

A cage seems to be in order. Could you trap the critters and dispose of them elsewhere?
All native Australian wildlife is protect by law. And even if you did trap them and release them a long way away, others simply work out that one had gone and take over is territory so it is pointless really. Protecting the crop is a better way forward :whistling:

@classic33

A spray bottle with dish soap (Dawn) and water - 3 parts soap to 1 part water. Also works well on the wasp that build paper nest. Just after sunset douse the nest with a good spray of soap water mixture. In the morning knock down the nest - stomp to pieces or burn. Done deal.

12 degC here overnight. It's not much warmer at midday.

"A 69-year-old woman was found dead on this morning apparently of hypothermia.

Pol Captain Ekkachai Duangket, deputy inspector of Prasat police station, was informed of the death of Ubol Yingmeedee at 6.15 am.

Her body was found under a blanket on a bed in her bedroom at her house in Moo 16 village in Tambon Kung-an in Surin’s Prasat district. No sign of physical assault was found.

Lets keep safe, none of us should be sleeping alone until this cold spell passes."

I'll be 69 years old in two weeks! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Over the village tannoy this morning we were told that we would be devoid of electricity for 8 hours tomorrow. At least we will not be requiring to run air conditioning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom