The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not like mince pies, when I say that folks look at me in disbelief, don't like shortbread either

Last edited:
Masterchef was really good this year, a very worthy winner. It can't be easy trying to work whilst Marcus is prowling around.

So proud of My Man! He had Bariatric Surgery August 7th. Weight 315 lbs. (Down from 335 in January). He got on the scale yesterday - 250 lbs. 50 more to go.

He is so funny. Two months post surgery he said "Honey - look at my ankles" Me "Ok - what is wrong with your ankles" G "I can see them!". He has cheek bones. I am starting to see the beautiful, hunky man I fell in love with in 1982.
That should be impossible, Love is blind!!

Life may not be perfect.jpg

I've just been informed I'm at a drinks party tomorrow afternoon. It's that one I 'had' last year as well. The wife is a diplomat, he's my hubby's work colleague. It will be hard work. It also scuppers my plans for the weekend because tomorrow I was putting up the Christmas tree and doing some cooking. Sunday I was finishing the cooking off and I had them hoped to get some gardening in or just some time out to relax with a person in married to... Now any chance of gardening has gone. I'm going to be lucky to get watering in... Drinks are an hour away, start at 2pm finish 6:30pm... So basically hubby will drive into Canberra, do the shopping, get home, unpack, change seats, I'll drive into Canberra whilst he eats in the car... Get home 7:30pm ish just in time for lock up of chickens etc and about 15 minutes on the sofa before bed because we get up at 5:45am everyday. Grrrr. Not what I wanted for his first day of the holiday!

If it's drinks & not a sit down meal then surely you could be a little late? I'm a pedant for time generally but when it comes to the more modern informal gathering I constantly find that 1 means 1:30. Drives me a bit bonkers but I've learned to relax a bit with these things.

Regarding the missing eggs - we found a huge clutch in the parsley patch 2 summers ago. Actually, Loki found them. He brought them to OH one by one, ever so gently.

We are done for the year :woot:

Time for a brew then chores to do.

I have cleaned the bathroom. We have a bottle of Dettol mould and mildew remover, great stuff works really well on the tiles. We bought new shower curtains a while ago but made the mistake of buying ones that are hand wash only so I laid them in the bath and gave them a thorough spray with it then after a while washed them down. Wow that stuff is toxic! Window wide open but still :o_o:

Every year the boss buts everyone wine or biscuits, the boss orders the wine I order the biscuits. Last year I bought from Amazon, this year their selection was poor and didn't have many tins of what we asked for so instead I went online and ordered from Sainsburys, their tins were bigger and more festive, more choice and we chose the delivery date and time whereas with Amazon tins were turning up every few days. Will definitely order from Sainsburys again.

I have cleaned the bathroom. We have a bottle of Dettol mould and mildew remover, great stuff works really well on the tiles. We bought new shower curtains a while ago but made the mistake of buying ones that are hand wash only so I laid them in the bath and gave them a thorough spray with it then after a while washed them down. Wow that stuff is toxic! Window wide open but still :o_o:
Had a similar prob with mould in our bathroom :( The cleaner stuff did a fine job BUT I forgot the spray [sort of a sqeezy bottle] goes in ALL directions - I now have a green and grey speckled sweater :eek: still it will be ok if I ever need to go in camo across the tunda come the next ice age :okay:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom