The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its possible that you are nose blind to it. Not likely though as I know you are a super taster (did I get that right?) so I think smell would be very key to that. I'm very 'aroma sensitive'. There are smells I can't bear, some of which others seem to like. Scented candles are the main culprits.

I often wonder if I am nose blind, you get used to a smell after a while. We never use scented candles, the don't smell nice and really irritate my nose and throat.

Nose blind is an interesting concept - it reminds me of the truly awful smell of 'sick child' that is soooo easy to spot when you enter a home with a sick offspring [even just a cold] but the parents have no idea it exists. As for dogs / cats we've never had a prob with our cats [but cats do like to stay dry] but wet dog :eek:

Nose blind is an interesting concept - it reminds me of the truly awful smell of 'sick child' that is soooo easy to spot when you enter a home with a sick offspring [even just a cold] but the parents have no idea it exists. As for dogs / cats we've never had a prob with our cats [but cats do like to stay dry] but wet dog :eek:

When we were kids we had a labrador who loved to paddle in the canal, wet filthy dog smell is awful but he didn't like being washed off, tough! Not having that in the house bless him :laugh:

As for dogs / cats we've never had a prob with our cats [but cats do like to stay dry] but wet dog :eek:

When we had the floods in 2013 the water level in the house was minimum 200 mm deep. The two cats stayed on the beds in the spare room for in excess of 24 hours. My wife covered the mattresses in plastic bags but it didn't help much. When the water subsided we had to buy new mattresses and covers.

When we had the floods in 2013 the water level in the house was minimum 200 mm deep. The two cats stayed on the beds in the spare room for in excess of 24 hours. My wife covered the mattresses in plastic bags but it didn't help much. When the water subsided we had to buy new mattresses and covers.
:sick: I'm blaming this discussion - but two mornings running the dog has disgraced himself. Yesterday he had spent the night in my son's room. There has never been a problem so far but he pooed all over my son's duvet. It was vile - the (brand new) duvet had to be washed and of course it wouldn't fit in the washing machine so we had to go to the launderette. Last night he was 'crated' - again there are normally no problems as he has been crated at night since a pup. This morning I got up early to take daughter to work and discovered (due to the whiff) that he had done it again in his crate. All the bedding had to be washed.

I've had enough. This isn't my idea of fun. I didn't want a dog in the first place (don't ask, its a long story). :mad:

Last edited:
:sick: I'm blaming this discussion - but two mornings running the dog has disgraced himself. Yesterday he had spent the night in my son's room. There has never been a problem so far but he pooed all over my son's duvet. It was vile - the (brand new) duvet had to be washed and of course it wouldn't fit in the washing machine so we had to go to the launderette. Last night he was 'crated' - again there are normally no problems as he has been crated at night since a pup. This morning I got up early to take daughter to work and discovered (due to the whiff) that he had done it again in his crate. All the bedding had to be washed.

I've had enough. This isn't my idea of fun. I didn't want a dog in the first place (don't ask, its a long story). :mad:

Oh no how awful, I cannot even begin to imagine the smell :ohmy:

Usually a sign there's something wrong. They seldom soil their bedding area.

This stuff isn't too bad, it masked the smell of her wee, we once made the mistake of buying stuff that clumped when wet, it stuck to her fur and took ages to get it off never again.
With the three cats, the clumping one seems a bit more useful to me, but it's horribly expensive against the ordinary type.

I think so. I'm not feeding him tonight and we will see.
If he's no better by Wednesday, take him to the vet. If he gets worse, a phone call and/or visit to the emergency vet may be in order. Tippy was very sick the other night, and I had visions of him being ill all over Christmas. Then I remembered - I'd put a little bit of sea salt on my chips. It must have got on the ones I saved on the edge of the plate for him. He's been fine since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom