The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
221AD294-F0F1-47AD-A527-8B090B5392E7.jpeg

At the weekend I bought a travel fan from M&S for my desk as it gets rather warm in here, my personal central heating has turned itself up a few degrees.

At the weekend I bought a travel fan from M&S for my desk as it gets rather warm in here, my personal central heating has turned itself up a few degrees.

When I was at a certain age and working, I used to carry a mini-fan everywhere! Another trick was a cold wet (partially wrung out) face flannel in a plastic bag. Wiped over bare arms and around neck area etc. it really cools you down. Also a little spray bottle of cold water - great for a quick cooling spritz.

We're just getting cold temperatures. Lovely sunny day today but it never made it into double figures. Around zero each morning with a little leeway. We did have 20mm of rain overnight on Sunday which was most welcome but had washed away one of my landlady's tracks . They're not complaining though, their winter crops for the sheep badly need the water as do the dams. Thankfully the land is actually damp enough now to absorb some of the rain rather than the very dangerous situation we usually get where you have a layer of water often in beads form encased in dirt which is worse than driving on black ice and just as deadly.

When I was at a certain age and working, I used to carry a mini-fan everywhere! Another trick was a cold wet (partially wrung out) face flannel in a plastic bag. Wiped over bare arms and around neck area etc. it really cools you down. Also a little spray bottle of cold water - great for a quick cooling spritz.

I appear to have my own climate at the moment :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom