The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
<rant mode on>
Why is it that people think it is really helpful to flash their lights at you repeatedly to indicate there's a problem with your vehicle but then when you pull over, don't have the decency to actually stop and tell you what's wrong?

So all I know is that they think something's wrong with my vehicle when it's moving, but if I stop to look at the back of my vehicle it looks fine and I'm none the wiser.
It's not obvious and I still have to get home. I'm on my own, a women in her 40's driving a large 4x4 fitted with off road tyres. Even fully able bodied I'd struggle to lift the spare wheel let alone change one and I'm not fully able bodied (and I've just been told by my dr no heavy lifting because I've broken a rib again.) I can't call breakdown (even if I did have any) and say that according to a random lorry driver my vehicle has something wrong with it...

Grrr. NOT HELPFUL. I'd have been better off thinking all was well with the world.

<rant over>

Nah, this was on a dual carriageway after I had overtaken them and I ignored the first two times they flashed and it wasn't a single flash trying to get my attention, if was repeated flashes. Only after the third sequence did I indicate I was pulling over, then they stopped flashing.

One feature of this dual carriageway is that it had thick native bushes up the middle which means even lorries with everything on (you know those ones work so many lights on them that there's no a bit of free space...) well those lights can't be seen by oncoming traffic and we're hadn't passed any traffic cops either.

Mid afternoon here. Sunny and only a few wispy clouds in the sky. 34 degC, 59% rh.

We have just watched a programme with Timothy West and Prunella Scales cruising around Vietnam. I want to go but the programme didn't sell it to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom