The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fabulous. I hope we get lots of foodie photos!
That's why we are going to Bergen. When I first heard that it was a UNESCO World Heritage Site for food it went straight on my list. On Monday night we are booked into one of the best restaurants in town for a tasting menu of New Nordic Cuisine.

That's why we are going to Bergen. When I first heard that it was a UNESCO World Heritage Site for food it went straight on my list. On Monday night we are booked into one of the best restaurants in town for a tasting menu of New Nordic Cuisine.

I'm afraid that on my various excursions to Norway (Stavanger, Bergen and Oslo) I found the food somewhat bland (but expensive). That was back in the 80s so I could imagine many things have changed in the meantime.

I'm afraid that on my various excursions to Norway (Stavanger, Bergen and Oslo) I found the food somewhat bland (but expensive). That was back in the 80s so I could imagine many things have changed in the meantime.
It certainly has, Nordic cuisine is the big thing up here in Europe, it can go a little too far with style over substance, but the place we are going to does decent portion sizes and not too much dry ice and moss.

I appear to have put dibs on 2 guinea pigs :shy:

We took our cat to the cattery and asked, if we had guinea pigs would they need any jabs? The answer was no, do you have any because we have some boys that need re-homing. So in 2 weeks time we will have 2 new pets to look after. I had a lot over the years and have missed having some around. Was going to wait a while but what the heck.

So in 2 weeks time we will have 2 new pets to look after. I had a lot over the years and have missed having some around. Was going to wait a while but what the heck.
Many moons ago, we agreed to pet sit for a friend of a friend. Our friend was looking after the house and horse, we got the smaller pets including 2 guinea pigs which were meant to be quite old and sisters. One was stocky and small, very heavy, ginger and short haired. the other was thin boned but large and light, grey and white and very long haired. No way were they sisters by birth. When we got them, there was immediately a problem with the smaller one, Toffee. She had hay seeds in both eyes so it was an emergency trip to the vets. Sadly she was to loser sight in both eyes totally. The damage was long done. Someone had given them the wrong bedding .Hay instead of straw and burrowing into it. . infection etc. She became totally dependant on the other one called Fudge. But she was to survive another 5 or 6 years with us so I don't think they were as old as we were told. The family concerned didn't come back from Australia :whistling:

When Fudge died we needed an immediate replacement for best because of blind Toffee so she went with us to someone who responded to our SOS. And we're ended UKIP with a friend for her called Butterscotch. Butterscotch as it was to transpire was pregnant when we got her!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom