The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally off topic:
I just discovered you can use food coloring to paint on wood. Do not use them straight but dilute with water to get the color you desire.
Have a scrap piece of wood to get the colors right.
There is no topic. This is the general drivel thread. Anything goes... :laugh: :hyper:

Does anyone here have a Christmas wreath on their door?

I haven't - but nearly bought one from Aldi (there were piles of them, quite cheap), I only popped down there for a loaf of white sliced - I have an Aldi at the end of the road.

I haven't - but nearly bought one from Aldi (there were piles of them, quite cheap), I only popped down there for a loaf of white sliced - I have an Aldi at the end of the road.

A lot of people are rather snooty about Aldi but our local has better fruit and veg then Sainsburys, M&S and Asda. Their chocolate is good, better then Cadburys who have gone right down hill, their Peking duck is meatier than anyone else's. Couldn't do a weekly shop but do like to pop in now and again for some bits. We don't have any decorations up, the tree will go up maybe next weekend but that is it, no wreath, no lights or trimmings. We have 2 cards but then it is only day 7.

I have a plastic canvas basket of poinsettia. It is a flat wall hanging.

better then Cadburys who have gone right down hill,
Can't speak from experience as I don't eat much chocolate, but lots of people are saying how much Cadburys has gone downhill. No real surprise that another great British institution has been raped and pillaged by an American multinational, the real villains being our own spineless government who allowed the takeover to happen.

Can't speak from experience as I don't eat much chocolate, but lots of people are saying how much Cadburys has gone downhill. No real surprise that another great British institution has been raped and pillaged by an American multinational, the real villains being our own spineless government who allowed the takeover to happen.

Less chocolate more fat-not good :headshake:

A lot of people are rather snooty about Aldi but our local has better fruit and veg then Sainsburys, M&S and Asda. Their chocolate is good, better then Cadburys who have gone right down hill, their Peking duck is meatier than anyone else's. Couldn't do a weekly shop but do like to pop in now and again for some bits. We don't have any decorations up, the tree will go up maybe next weekend but that is it, no wreath, no lights or trimmings. We have 2 cards but then it is only day 7.
I agree. Aldi chocolate is not only much cheaper but better than other brands. I thought we had all lost the snobbiness re Lidls and Aldis - the smart middle class shopper loves a bargain. And then they go to Waitrose for the luxuries.

For anyone listening in who is not from the UK, Lidl's and Aldi are the two main 'cut price no-frills' supermarkets in the UK, who have gained enormous ground over recent years.

I agree. Aldi chocolate is not only much cheaper but better than other brands. I thought we had all lost the snobbiness re Lidls and Aldis - the smart middle class shopper loves a bargain. And then they go to Waitrose for the luxuries.

For anyone listening in who is not from the UK, Lidl's and Aldi are the two main 'cut price no-frills' supermarkets in the UK, who have gained enormous ground over recent years.

We have bought from Waitrose and they are not as good as they claim to be. Although we did once buy a pouch of cat food for our last moggy from Aldi and it gave her the most horrendous wind :sick:. Didn't buy it again :headshake:

When it comed to shopping I suppose it depends on where you live, our local Asda is close to a council estate so the great unwashed go in to buy cheap booze, ciggies and some food, not a good place to go yet other Asda stores in other areas are nice. Our local Aldi is about a 10 minute walk from here and just off the main road, a very mixed clientelle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom