The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually the temperature has been quite pleasant here today. 22 degC at 06:30 with very little wind chill and currently 30 degC with no wind at all (18:00).

Today I went Korean shopping, tomorrow I will try creating.

20170106_145905.jpg

The kimchi I get. What's the other suff?
Korean chilli paste and Korean chilli powder. All the rest of the ingrediants used in Korean food are fairly standard, soy sauce, fish sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and miso.

Korean seems to be the original fusion food, a lot of the flavourings and ideas mesh with their neighbours China and Japan, but they took on breads and rich stews from the French and most recently burgers and BBQ from the Americans in the '50s. The result is a cuisine that is more focused on big pieces of meat like modern Western tastes, but with the flavours and seasoning of old Oriental dishes.

I tried some miso soup today, I think, at a tasting stand in Costco. It was disgusting. Luckily there was also baby bel cheese, steak and ale pie, chicken breast nuggets, salami, coconut rolls, sticky toffee cake, malt loaf and orange juice.

I tried some miso soup today, I think, at a tasting stand in Costco. It was disgusting. Luckily there was also baby bel cheese, steak and ale pie, chicken breast nuggets, salami, coconut rolls, sticky toffee cake, malt loaf and orange juice.

Proper miso soup is lovely, maybe it just wasn't a good brand.

I have never liked olives, tried many even when we were in Barcelona horrid things. Our local Turkish restaurant serves olives and they are delicious, we almost fight over the last one.

I bought a new watch today, I have had my other 1 for over 20 years and although it recently had a new battery it stopped working and that was it. In November this year it will be 25 years with the company and I will get a watch, I have seen exactly what I want but will have to wait.

Proper miso soup is lovely, maybe it just wasn't a good brand.

I have never liked olives, tried many even when we were in Barcelona horrid things. Our local Turkish restaurant serves olives and they are delicious, we almost fight over the last one.
So what is the Turkish secret? Were they green or black? What seasoning did they have?

Hmm... so what was different about the way they tasted compared to all the other olives?

I suppose olives are like grapes, it depends on the supplier and how they are treated. In good hands you will get a really good bottle, in the wrong hands you would get a bottle of vinegar.

It was meant to rain hard today. this afternoon or evening. it was meant to be thunderstorms. it war meant to have cleared the air.

We had a few minutes of rain. it didn't lower the temperature. it didn't clear the air. it was 34C today. it's still too hot to sleep. it's close and still. it's humid and horrible. tomorrow if going to be hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom