The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just made a mistake. I've looked at the weather forecast.
Now I'm depressed

Screenshot_20170110-000359.png

It looks like she got our over the weekend highs. Well the numbers pretty much match but the letter is different.

It looks like she got our over the weekend highs. Well the numbers pretty much match but the letter is different.
We have had those this weekend as well. it's now the second week of these temperatures. it's got to the point where I'm quite grateful for the days in is only 31C!

Just happy when it gets above freezing and/or stops raining. Must admit to being amused by the latest news bulletins however telling us all how shocking the weather is and [the usual end of the world is nigh :o_o: type rubbish that the "experts" always spout] everyone being amazed by the fact that it's SNOWING in Europe and might even snow here in good old Britain - well here's a newsflash to the "experts" - IT'S WINTER !!

Just happy when it gets above freezing and/or stops raining. Must admit to being amused by the latest news bulletins however telling us all how shocking the weather is and [the usual end of the world is nigh :o_o: type rubbish that the "experts" always spout] everyone being amazed by the fact that it's SNOWING in Europe and might even snow here in good old Britain - well here's a newsflash to the "experts" - IT'S WINTER !!
You mean
Just happy when it gets above freezing and/or stops raining. Must admit to being amused by the latest news bulletins however telling us all how shocking the weather is and [the usual end of the world is nigh :o_o: type rubbish that the "experts" always spout] everyone being amazed by the fact that it's SNOWING in Europe and might even snow here in good old Britain - well here's a
200_s.gif
to the "experts" - IT'S WINTER !!

I hate to come over all Four Yorkshiremen here, but when I lived on the Red Sea coast, people would start putting on jumpers and jackets if the temperature got below 35C.

When I first went there, I thought I'd never survive, but it's amazing how quickly you adapt. Not that I ever put a jumper on, mind.

I hate to come over all Four Yorkshiremen here, but when I lived on the Red Sea coast, people would start putting on jumpers and jackets if the temperature got below 35C.

When I first went there, I thought I'd never survive, but it's amazing how quickly you adapt. Not that I ever put a jumper on, mind.
When I had breakfast this morning out on the veranda, my husband looked at me in amazement as I went back inside to get a cardigan or shawl because I was chilly in my bamboo dress... it was 20c. he had his work clothes on including socks, I didn't have socks or shoes on, and was cool, too cool. he's getting to used to air conditioning and I'm acclimatising. but I still need to stop mid afternoon and do nothing when it is just too hot for me. evening meal has slipped from 6pm to 6:30pm to allow him time to get home, to 7pm now because it's too hot to eat.

I lived in Egypt for a year and nearly did die of heat. I was younger then...

Bah - used to dream of 35C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom