The General Chat Thread (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit more minimal than I was expecting but đź‘Ť

What else would you like to know? The M4 is the M version of the 4-series, which is the 2-door version of the 3-series -- they split 2-door and 4-door models of 3-series up a few years ago. At the same time, they gave the 4-series a fastback design (do they use that term in the UK?).

Oh, and that color is butt-ugly.

CD

https://www.groupon.com/deals/noble...52c942-4cbb-4457-9990-a571fd2c4bb2_0_20230803
So that's pretty hilarious. For those who can't open it:
1691110951170.png

I had a Doctor's appointment today at 3:30. I got there 10 minutes early. I sat in the waiting room until 4:17, when I was moved to an exam room. At 4:53, the Doctor came in. I was done and walking out the door at 5:08. :headshake:

CD

More along the lines of that, or your opinion of the car.

I'm not a BMW fan. I'm an Audi guy. I'd rather have an Audi S5 or RS5. The front end of the current M4 is hideous, IMO. The nose looks like Jimmy Durante. It's also over-styled, with fake looking vents and details that aren't needed.

I spent a week with an Audi S5 for a magazine article photoshoot (I was also the Sr. Art Director for the magazine). It is a much cleaner in design, and has a normally aspirated V8 that is a joy to drive.

1691139649827.png

You are a Mercedes owner, so the Mercedes C43 AMG Coupe might be more to your tastes.

CD

I'm not a BMW fan. I'm an Audi guy. I'd rather have an Audi S5 or RS5. The front end of the current M4 is hideous, IMO. The nose looks like Jimmy Durante. It's also over-styled, with fake looking vents and details that aren't needed.

I spent a week with an Audi S5 for a magazine article photoshoot (I was also the Sr. Art Director for the magazine). It is a much cleaner in design, and has a normally aspirated V8 that is a joy to drive.

View attachment 103156

You are a Mercedes owner, so the Mercedes C43 AMG Coupe might be more to your tastes.

CD
Mmm yes I do like that!

I agree completely, I’d take Audi over BMW any day. There is something unnecessarily ostentatious about many BMW’s, less would be so much more. I can’t remember which model my friend had but it was a surprise what a reverse tardis it was, large chassis and almost cramped inside.

I’d also take Audi over Mercedes if Audi didn’t make me behave badly. I was upset many years ago when I switched from my manual Audi A4 sport to an automatic Mercedes ML as I found it boring, super comfortable, solid, drives itself level easy, very relaxing but not inspiring. However I stay inside the speed limit and hold onto my driving licence so I’ve stuck with them.

I get my fix from motorbikes instead now.

I had a Doctor's appointment today at 3:30. I got there 10 minutes early. I sat in the waiting room until 4:17, when I was moved to an exam room. At 4:53, the Doctor came in. I was done and walking out the door at 5:08. :headshake:

CD
So…typical doc’s visit from what I’m reading. :wink:

CD
Hah, we've got you beat, though we chose not to stick around. Below is the review I left.

NO respect for patients. Arrived at 11:30 for noon appointment. Waiting room FULL. We took 2 of only 3 open seats. Shortly after we arrived, man got up, said he'd been waiting for 2 hours and was leaving. Then, 2 more people came in so no more seating, 15 to 16 people crammed together in a small room. People started talking. All there to see SAME doctor. One man had 10:15 appt and still in waiting room. Current patients stating doc only spends about 2 minutes with you and doesn't give you chance to ask questions. When I made appt, asked if doc ran pretty much on time, was told that he does AND was asked to come in 30 minutes EARLY to fill out paperwork. We left, not going to wait 2+ hours.

Went to Craig's primary yesterday and told him about above. He said he would have left too and that AMA guidelines state patients should be seen within 30 minutes.

Hah, we've got you beat, though we chose not to stick around. Below is the review I left.

NO respect for patients. Arrived at 11:30 for noon appointment. Waiting room FULL. We took 2 of only 3 open seats. Shortly after we arrived, man got up, said he'd been waiting for 2 hours and was leaving. Then, 2 more people came in so no more seating, 15 to 16 people crammed together in a small room. People started talking. All there to see SAME doctor. One man had 10:15 appt and still in waiting room. Current patients stating doc only spends about 2 minutes with you and doesn't give you chance to ask questions. When I made appt, asked if doc ran pretty much on time, was told that he does AND was asked to come in 30 minutes EARLY to fill out paperwork. We left, not going to wait 2+ hours.

Went to Craig's primary yesterday and told him about above. He said he would have left too and that AMA guidelines state patients should be seen within 30 minutes.
Sounds like someone should report that doctor to the AMA!

Normal docs visit. Two colleagues had accidents while working, one at 8am the other at 4pm. The first was home at 9.30am the second at 2am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom