The General Chat Thread (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best wishes. Hope it isn't too painful.
Well the surgeon started about pain treatment herself, which is why she wanted to keep me despite it being minor surgery so that feels promising. She clearly will do what she can so I think I should be fine.

The surgery is on my bottom however, so I can expect not to sit comfortably for at least a week after, so I might post a little less the coming two weeks.

My colleague was telling us today that her son bought a cream coloured jacket and shorts for his holiday, they became stained so she put them in the wash with their white washing and the cream coloured shorts came out white so she blamed herself for ruining them. She will not accept that white is a colour that doesn't run! :facepalm:

My colleague was telling us today that her son bought a cream coloured jacket and shorts for his holiday, they became stained so she put them in the wash with their white washing and the cream coloured shorts came out white so she blamed herself for ruining them. She will not accept that white is a colour that doesn't run! :facepalm:

We can all be a bit daft sometimes.

I was asked to prepare a menu for Christmas dinner at our local restaurant. I bought some pale green paper to save on background ink and then found that I couldn't add any snow as I had no white ink in my printer.

Doh!

We can all be a bit daft sometimes.

I was asked to prepare a menu for Christmas dinner at our local restaurant. I bought some pale green paper to save on background ink and then found that I couldn't add any snow as I had no white ink in my printer.

Doh!

She isn't a bit daft, just clueless in things that don't involve reality tv or soaps... :facepalm:

Are our American cousins on here ok? That storm looks pretty nasty.
I don't think any of our members live in the affected areas, but it was a nasty storm. It made landfall with 125 MPH winds plus flooding from storm surge made even worse because of King tides due to the moon being closest to earth at this time.

A bit random: on my way home I always walk past a bungalow. This evening a smartly dressed retired lady was standing at her gate and she called me over. I noticed a red swelling on the side of her face. She explained that she woke up with the swelling and it was getting bigger but she couldn't get a doctor appointment, did I think it would be worth going to the hospital, I asked if perhaps she had been strung, she hadn't so I said that yes it would be a good idea, it is probably nothing but at least she would get peace of mind. She thanked me and walked back to her door and I walked off. Odd...

A bit random: on my way home I always walk past a bungalow. This evening a smartly dressed retired lady was standing at her gate and she called me over. I noticed a red swelling on the side of her face. She explained that she woke up with the swelling and it was getting bigger but she couldn't get a doctor appointment, did I think it would be worth going to the hospital, I asked if perhaps she had been strung, she hadn't so I said that yes it would be a good idea, it is probably nothing but at least she would get peace of mind. She thanked me and walked back to her door and I walked off. Odd...
I often get infected midge bites. Usually happens overnight. We used to live on a swamp in Surrey, and ended up having to install mossie nets over all open windows because of it. Sometimes I needed antibiotics for those bites. My rule of thumb was/is what it is like the day after I've found it (unless I feel really sick or there are more than a couple, or they were on my neck).

Hubby received a cheque in the post yesterday!

It's been a long time since we last had one of those! not that we're complaining. Apparently we didn't use our CTP insurance at some point in the past and an audit found we were owed money. It was a nice figure as well. :D

Hubby received a cheque in the post yesterday!
I love found money! MrsT was notified today of a commission check she’d lost track of, so that’ll come in handy as well.

We once received a reimbursement check from an insurance company, something about how we’d overpaid our bill. MrsT said, “Deposit this when you go into town - Eighty-one bucks…we can go out to dinner or something.”

Got to the bank, looked closer… eighty-one cents! 😒

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom