The General Chat Thread (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't stand the heat as a kid, since I'm doing sport regularly and drink a lot it has gotten better. Nevermind probably it's due to the heat in the kittchen

Couldn't stand the heat as a kid, since I'm doing sport regularly and drink a lot it has gotten better. Nevermind probably it's due to the heat in the kittchen
I got a lot worst since I started going to the gym regularly (3 times per week). I get weak and lightheaded in the summer a lot more often. I think it must be my heart rate, regular exercise is said to bring the heart rate down, probably the gym made my heart rate lower and I guess in the heat it gets even lower. It's not my blood pressure because I've measured it and it's fine, and it's not dehydration because I drink over 2 liters of water when it's hot (I have a reusable 750ml water bottle that I always keep with me).

and have what looks like episodes of hypoglycemia where I suddenly feel very weak and shaky.
I get that when it’s too hot out, nauseous and a sort of slight disorientation as well. It’s why I stay in the house as much as possible once it gets above 85F/28C or so.

Well, I've spent my freedom more outdoors the last few years and that definitely helped. It's like with cold air, some people get sick immediately, others are totally fine with it. Everybody can train heat tolerance

Last edited:
I stay in the house as much as possible once it gets above 85F/28C or so.

I'd only be able to leave the house at 2AM. :(

I'm inside right now.

1694205361098.png

That's 44C.

CD

That’s inhuman. I think I’d have the curtains drawn and the A/C on overload. Once it gets around 90F, our A/C can drop the inside temp by about 5F and that’s it.

My AC is running almost non-stop. I have the upstairs system set to 80F right now, and downstairs at 76F. I can't go higher than 80 upstairs, or the downstairs system can't keep up with the heat outside. The upstairs system provides a little help, since cool air settles.

CD

There are thunderstorms popping up all around Frisco. North, South, East and West of me. I can hear thunder, and see flashes of lightning, but not a drop of rain where I am. :mad:

CD

Finally home from hospital to a very cold night. Already at freezing point by 9pm. Think it will be colder than the -2°C forecast. Australia typically gets very cold very quickly at night unless it clouds over and its not cloudy tonight.

Back at hospital first thing in Monday to see my consultant! So I'm not be around much for a few days whilst I get over the adrenal crisis, low potassium and plus whatever infection I contracted initially this time. They also found a few things they weren't happy with so more tests to follow.

Finally home from hospital to a very cold night. Already at freezing point by 9pm. Think it will be colder than the -2°C forecast. Australia typically gets very cold very quickly at night unless it clouds over and its not cloudy tonight.

Back at hospital first thing in Monday to see my consultant! So I'm not be around much for a few days whilst I get over the adrenal crisis, low potassium and plus whatever infection I contracted initially this time. They also found a few things they weren't happy with so more tests to follow.
Sorry you're not feeling well 😔😔😔 hope you get better soon

Glad you are back home. I hope the crisis resolves and you get some answers.

I'm also permanently low on potassium and I find potassium tablets really upset my stomach.

It actually rained a little tonight! :dance: Better yet, there is more coming over the next few days. Maybe I can stop watering my steel gate post.:rolleyes:

Temperatures have dropped, too. It was 111F/44C last Friday. Tomorrow, they say it will be 84F/29C.

1694497747316.png

My AC is running about one-third as much as it was last week. It hardly runs at all at night.

CD

Humph. The gloves we use for putting wood onto the fire have just caught fire with my hand in them. My hand now smells of burnt hair.

20230912_202215.jpg

I guess someone is telling me that the wood fire season is almost over!

(My hand is fine, I just batted it out on the fireproof rug we keep in front of the fire).

Humph. The gloves we use for putting wood onto the fire have just caught fire with my hand in them. My hand now smells of burnt hair.

View attachment 104726

I guess someone is telling me that the wood fire season is almost over!

(My hand is fine, I just batted it out on the fireproof rug we keep in front of the fire).

I use cheap welder's gloves for fire tending. The pair I have now are at least ten years old, and IIRC, they cost me 12-bucks US.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom