The General Chat Thread (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found sleeping with the boot for the broken ankle incredibly annoying - the darn thing was just so bulky!

The hand brace is actually less annoying than the cast, it’s much smaller and lighter. And luckily, as long as I’m getting enough exercise to tire myself out a bit, I’m generally a pretty good sleeper.

I must have gotten an itch on my face one night while sleeping with a cast on my forearm/hand. I smacked the 💩 out of myself.

CD

I think I need to go and rescue my washing off the washing line. The rotary line is doing a really good impression of the wind turbines we live close to and it's very windy today.
On, it's been a while since it was that difficult getting the washing in off the line.

I was about 3 hands short.
1 was needed to hold onto the washing basket
1 was needed to hold onto my sun hat
Another was needed to hold on to the washing line to stop it taking a lump out of my head
Another was needed to hold on to the washing itself and finally
Another was needed to unclip our very strong metal pegs.

On the bright side, the washing has taken less than an hour to dry despite hubby not changing the skin cycle from 800rpm to 1,200rpm. Summer is definitely arriving.

I was just telling MrsT, “Winter’s getting here,” as when I checked the temp at 8AM was 46F/8C - first overnight with temps below 50F.

It was in the low 80s early this morning, but it is up to 95F/35C right now.

We used to have our first frost around Halloween, but that was before the big hoax. Now it might come around Thanksgiving.

CD

We don’t have those here yet…and I’m ok with that.

Wait til drones just start randomly dropping stuff on your front porch. :eek:

The new vans are actually pretty cool. My neighbors get a lot of Amazon deliveries, and as long as the driver doesn't back up, I don't hear anything.

That "Jetson's" drone delivery idea is pretty stupid, IMO. Those things will no doubt cause mayhem if they ever decide to roll it out. Look at the food delivery robots...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dbzxshp573Q

CD

Got mah flu shot:

IMG_5805.jpeg

On, it's been a while since it was that difficult getting the washing in off the line.

I was about 3 hands short.
1 was needed to hold onto the washing basket
1 was needed to hold onto my sun hat
Another was needed to hold on to the washing line to stop it taking a lump out of my head
Another was needed to hold on to the washing itself and finally
Another was needed to unclip our very strong metal pegs.

On the bright side, the washing has taken less than an hour to dry despite hubby not changing the skin cycle from 800rpm to 1,200rpm. Summer is definitely arriving.

Same kind of weather here as well. 25 predicted today

Russ

I just watched that Howard stern clip on fox. He thinks it .means a trump supporter ?

Russ
No, quite the opposite. A proper definition of woke means that a person is aware of certain injustices in the world, especially where racism and discrimination are concerned.

The extreme right of the political spectrum co-opted it as a derisive term, meaning anyone who supports…well, basically anything they don’t support - so if you’re in favor of LGBTQ+ rights, you’re “woke,” and not in a good way. If you believe in climate change, you’re “woke,” and not in a good way. If you support a woman’s reproductive rights, you’re “woke,” and not in a good way. It’s meant as an insult when it comes from that side.

No, quite the opposite. A proper definition of woke means that a person is aware of certain injustices in the world, especially where racism and discrimination are concerned.

The extreme right of the political spectrum co-opted it as a derisive term, meaning anyone who supports…well, basically anything they don’t support - so if you’re in favor of LGBTQ+ rights, you’re “woke,” and not in a good way. If you believe in climate change, you’re “woke,” and not in a good way. If you support a woman’s reproductive rights, you’re “woke,” and not in a good way. It’s meant as an insult when it comes from that side.

Absolutely right. What woke originally meant was just "being aware" that there are (still) injustices in the world, including in the US. That's all.

Now, like TR says, it is a catch-all phrase for everything the far right doesn't like.

Thus, my joke about TR's flu shot, and his comment about climate change. Science is "woke" anymore.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom