The General Chat Thread (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, quite the opposite. A proper definition of woke means that a person is aware of certain injustices in the world, especially where racism and discrimination are concerned.

The extreme right of the political spectrum co-opted it as a derisive term, meaning anyone who supports…well, basically anything they don’t support - so if you’re in favor of LGBTQ+ rights, you’re “woke,” and not in a good way. If you believe in climate change, you’re “woke,” and not in a good way. If you support a woman’s reproductive rights, you’re “woke,” and not in a good way. It’s meant as an insult when it comes from that side.

I only caught the end of it hence the ?
I dont mind the LGBT thing, so I'm woke?
I thought I was a caring person??

Russ

Argh. Went back for a follow up for my hand, and they took away my nice removable splint and put me in a horrible non-removable one! Apparently this should bring down the swelling and help with movement in my fingers. It’s currently quite uncomfortable. It hurt really bad when they manipulated my fingers into a right angle.

One step forward, two steps back.
B854CCBB-C63C-4078-B0F6-5528CFC986DE.jpeg

Argh. Went back for a follow up for my hand, and they took away my nice removable splint and put me in a horrible non-removable one! Apparently this should bring down the swelling and help with movement in my fingers. It’s currently quite uncomfortable. It hurt really bad when they manipulated my fingers into a right angle.

One step forward, two steps back.
View attachment 105079
Look at it this way, you can make different shaped shadow puppets now. ☺

After 35 years together, by my anti-social behavior has finally caught on with my wife.

I asked her to let me know when her flight boards, and this was her response:

View attachment 105119

I'm always in boarding group 1, so now worries.

BTW, I need to send you a PM with a question for Mrs T. I'm trying to book my flight to and from NYC using some of my ridiculous number of miles, and when you pay with miles, a trip from Dallas to JFK requires two connections, and takes all day -- or, you can go non-stop and spend twice as many miles. There must be a workaround.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom