The view from my window

It's been "misty" off and on all day

misty morning.jpg

This was my view first thing this morning.
20240619_085128.jpg

Nothing passed the bottom of the garden. Usually the view is 25-100km or so.

Hubby took this one. He was driving to work and stopped because it was so good.

IMG_20240619_141015.jpg

Our home is off to the right where that cloud was coming from.

I 'liked' your photo but there is no way I could tolerate the heat in Spain. Its very pleasant here in Kent at around 20 C.
Well I have air con and ceiling fans so it's not hot in the house and you get used to doing things the Spanish way, if you have something that needs doing you get up and do it early before the heat rises or you wait for later on when the temps drop.

It's surprising how your body retains some sort of acclimatisation memory, I absolutely melted when I first came here and now I find it ok.
Probably because I've learnt siesta is serious! 😆

It's surprising how your body retains some sort of acclimatisation memory,

Mine doesn't really. I genuinely dread heatwaves in the UK. I used to sleep in the cellar when one came. I've seriously thought of installing air con but it seems a bit daft for a few weeks a year.

Mine doesn't really. I genuinely dread heatwaves in the UK. I used to sleep in the cellar when one came. I've seriously thought of installing air con but it seems a bit daft for a few weeks a year.
I didn't think my body would adjust. I've always been terrible in the heat but a long stint in the sunshine seems to have baked me off 😂

I haven't done aircon at home yet but will be soon. The heat exchange system they run on provides relatively cheap heat too.

I didn't think my body would adjust. I've always been terrible in the heat but a long stint in the sunshine seems to have baked me off 😂

I haven't done aircon at home yet but will be soon. The heat exchange system they run on provides relatively cheap heat too.
Please let me know if you find a good company. I only need it in one room really.

Please let me know if you find a good company. I only need it in one room really.
Will do 👍
The people we had quotes from a year or so ago were good, not exorbitant and seemed decent enough but we didn't go ahead with it so spent the summer sweating! I can't remember who they are now, I'll ask Mr SSOAP when he appears.

I think Mr SSOAP has it in his mind it wasn't that hot last year and went off the idea but it really was so I suspect we're in for another sweaty summer that he'll break half way through and ring them. By that time they'll likely be booked up which makes me predict we're in for air con being fitted sometime in the autumn 😂

Back
Top Bottom