The view from my window

There are times when my first thoughts are not repeatable...

20240628_151907.jpg

20240628_151907.jpg

The second and third thoughts kick in... (Terry Pratchet for those not in the know)...

Nah, she's fine. Just having a really good dust bath. And no, she didn't get run over...

The view from my lower floor windows is blocked to a great extent by some large trees. So I made an image a little bit past those trees while the hay mowing was taking place. You can see my hay field and my woodland beyond. I even included a tractor busy cutting the hay.

View attachment 116163

Lovely.

Its your hay field? Gosh, do you own a farm?

Lovely.

Its your hay field? Gosh, do you own a farm?
Yes it is my hay field and my woodland. I'm not a farmer but I do live on a small farm in the country. When we were young we kept horses so the hay field was their basic food supply. The horse pasture is just South of our house. The hay field is to the East. These days my horse hay gets sold to a zoo. Apparently, like horses, wild grazers can't handle much alfalfa. So our hay has very little alfalfa and is mostly timothy grass, just the ticket for the zoo.

I prefer living in the country over the city. There is a small city 20 miles to the North so we can go there pretty easily if we need to do something there. We enjoy privacy, serenity and safety out here. I'm sure it is the same for UK farms.

Back
Top Bottom