Washing-up woes

Ah yes the hold it up to the window and move it about trying to catch the light on the faded numbers, been there done that too many times šŸ˜†
I wish there were faded anything on it...I was completely in the dark on that one. But it turned out good anyway. Baking would have been a nightmare, and my SIL doesn't have a kitchen scale,...

I now only buy embossed. Although I do have a couple of printed ones, a Pyrex one thatā€™s printed but has politely stood up to the rigours of the dishwasher for donkeys years šŸ˜†
Yeah, the dishwasher detergent, at least the stuff I use, strips that off in short order. My 1-cup measure is fading fast, so now I put that one in just to hasten its demise, but Iā€™m preserving the others.

I have one embossed one, but that brings up another issueā€¦I canā€™t read the damn thing without the paint on it. It just looks like so many bumps on the glass!

Wooden stuff, noā€¦been there, thrown that away. That heat from the sanitizing cycle is death on anything wood. That, and I suppose the heat from the water and the cycle time - mine runs for two hours, and all that hot water, then the heat blastā€¦that wood cracks in no time.

You want the funny bit - those are two wooden-handled rubber spatulasā€¦$2 for a 3-pack- Iā€™ve got two left! :laugh:

Yeah, the dishwasher detergent, at least the stuff I use, strips that off in short order. My 1-cup measure is fading fast, so now I put that one in just to hasten its demise, but Iā€™m preserving the others.

I have one embossed one, but that brings up another issueā€¦I canā€™t read the damn thing without the paint on it. It just looks like so many bumps on the glass!

Wooden stuff, noā€¦been there, thrown that away. That heat from the sanitizing cycle is death on anything wood. That, and I suppose the heat from the water and the cycle time - mine runs for two hours, and all that hot water, then the heat blastā€¦that wood cracks in no time.

You want the funny bit - those are two wooden-handled rubber spatulasā€¦$2 for a 3-pack- Iā€™ve got two left! :laugh:
I think dishwashers are extremely variable.
Mine runs for 2hrs 45 mins on a hot 75 degree load, everything always comes out sparkling and I only have one warped wooden spatula, all the others are fine, even the cheap Tala ones are fine šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Know what you mean about the embossed ones! Have you tried the latest Pyrex (the real Pyrex not the exploding one)? The old one I had the measurements wore off at the speed of light, the newer one (which is now very old) is fine. They are the same jugs but they must of made some changes to the paint?

I think dishwashers are extremely variable.
Mine runs for 2hrs 45 mins on a hot 75 degree load, everything always comes out sparkling and I only have one warped wooden spatula, all the others are fine, even the cheap Tala ones are fine šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Know what you mean about the embossed ones! Have you tried the latest Pyrex (the real Pyrex not the exploding one)? The old one I had the measurements wore off at the speed of light, the newer one (which is now very old) is fine. They are the same jugs but they must of made some changes to the paint?
Yeah, I remember when Pyrex was like indestructible. You're right about the paint too, I noticed the old pitchers would fade or wear off over time. The new Pyrex pitchers have better paint that seems to last longer, probably thanks to improved painting technology.

Have you tried the latest Pyrex
I doubt I have, as the three I have probably average 20 years old. Iā€™m taking them to my grave!

<funeral music plays>
ā€œHe was a very strange man, but I must say, that four-cup measure looks as good as the day he bought it.ā€ :laugh:

does make me laugh a bit
NO worries, I know by now you like joking, but losing you would be very sad.

I was always terrible at appreciating that kind of humor, here locally we call it 'black humor', as the mourning colour (of clothes) is all black here...

Back to PyrexšŸ˜„I really need to put some good loaf pans on my search list, any good material, for the other thread...very low on them...

I was always terrible at appreciating that kind of humor, here locally we call it 'black humor', as the mourning colour (of clothes) is all black here...
We call that either black humor, dark humor, or gallows humor, and I must admit, itā€™s among the funniest of things to me.

At $2 for a 3-pack, theyā€™re probably toxic plastic.
Ahhh vinyl. It's meant to withstand 400F though. I was just questioning rubber because I'd never heard of rubber cooking utensils.

I've found silicone utensils for cheap.

Back
Top Bottom