What did you cook or eat today (August 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Szechuan style roast duck. Lunch and dinner...haha.

The light made the plum sauce look a bit weird in the 2nd pic.

And a video....

View: https://youtu.be/VCmSVtmWlj8

Chichen & prawn rice, duck ramen and Szechuan style duck look delicious (like everything else in this thread); I have to try them! And OMG, someone is making her own yogurt. Waves! We´re having salmon salad (iceberg lettuce, yellow peppercorn, new potatoes, open-fire charred salmon, capers, toasted pine kernels, lemon, herb-vinegar-mustard sauce and scraped passionfruit) for dinner and raspberry-bilberry puff pastries from a local coffee shop for dessert. In my opinion passionfruit, pineapple and grilled nectarines go well with smoked salmon. We added some truffle mayo on top of the salmon salad, too.

Last edited:
Pork butt/shoulder?

CD
Bone-in loin, and it included some of the tenderloin as well. I did it in the crockpot, and I took the bone out first.

Easy recipe - salt and pepper the meant, brown it, into the crockpot, and drained kraut, apple juice (use that to deglaze the pan I brown the meat in), add sliced onion and sliced apple, some garlic, and that's about it.

MrsTasty always makes me double the kraut (and the mashed potatoes).

Bone-in loin, and it included some of the tenderloin as well. I did it in the crockpot, and I took the bone out first.

Easy recipe - salt and pepper the meant, brown it, into the crockpot, and drained kraut, apple juice (use that to deglaze the pan I brown the meat in), add sliced onion and sliced apple, some garlic, and that's about it.

MrsTasty always makes me double the kraut (and the mashed potatoes).

So the loin didn't get tough and dry out? How long did you cook it? How high was the internal temperature when it was done? My parents do pork and sauerkraut the same basic way, and it always turns out dry and tough. You must be doing something different. What's your secret?

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom