What did you cook or eat today (August 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pilau with honey chicken:

Just back from The Bakers Arms after my birthday meal.

The Bakers Arms, Blaby | Fine Dining, Delicious Drinks, Beautiful Setting

Chicken liver parfait followed by a Supreme of chicken with a chorizo and parmasan risotto, very filling - no room for pud.

This was the place I took Lu for our first date back in July 1990. The thatch on the pub roof is still thick and protective, unlike the thatch on my head. They do seem to have made the doors narrow in the intervening years though :shy:

Edit: I've just worked out that the pub was already 130 years old when the Mayflower set sail.

Nice menu! I would have gone with the... PAN SEARED GRESSINGHAM DUCK BREAST, fondant potato, spring greens, clementine sauce.

BTW, at the Psychic Dinners, do you just think what you want to eat, and they serve it?

CD

Someone couldn't wait for pictures on that Pilau?

CD

The truth is that I messed up - this was my best photo. The rest are ditched as (consequently) the whole recipe write up is too. Not that its a bad recipe - but I used the wrong sized dish and the photos looked rubbish, except this one.

Nice menu! I would have gone with the... PAN SEARED GRESSINGHAM DUCK BREAST, fondant potato, spring greens, clementine sauce.

BTW, at the Psychic Dinners, do you just think what you want to eat, and they serve it?

CD
It was a toss up. The venison was off btw.
Duck was my initial choice, but chicken with risotto was something I had never tried. I did remark that at the age of 55 years and 10 hours it is very rare to come across a dish I had never had a version of before - I will be doing it myself, photos when I do.

Psychic dinners are when some charlatan comes round persuading gullible people that he is in touch with their dead relatives. You must have them in America surely?

Duck was my initial choice, but chicken with risotto was something I had never tried. I did remark that at the age of 55 years and 10 hours it is very rare to come across a dish I had never had a version of before - I will be doing it myself, photos when I do.

Psychic dinners are when some charlatan comes round persuading gullible people that he is in touch with their dead relatives. You must have them in America surely?

We have psychics, but the psychic dinner thing is new to me. Murder mystery dinners used to be big here.

CD

My nan used to go to fortune tellers. And she believed in every thing they said. I think from memory my mum went once as well. I've broken the cycle.

Reminds me of the guy standing in a doorway with a sign above it saying fortune telling. And a sign on the door saying " closed due to unforeseen circumstances" :)

Russ

My nan used to go to fortune tellers. And she believed in every thing they said. I think from memory my mum went once as well. I've broken the cycle.

Reminds me of the guy standing in a doorway with a sign above it saying fortune telling. And a sign on the door saying " closed due to unforeseen circumstances" :)

Russ
Hellooo Rascal, you are back! Nice to read you🤗🍀

A great salad of fresh cucs, arugula, couscous, green onion, mozzarella, pan fried chicken breast. Kid sad This is soo good. I had a red grapefruit along.

I used the leftover chickenbreast and the bones, for a quick clear carrot leek soup, it was done by the time we finished lunch, so it was quick and easy. Will be for today, but I tried it for dinner.

She had an ice. Triple flavour.

The truth is that I messed up - this was my best photo. The rest are ditched as (consequently) the whole recipe write up is too. Not that its a bad recipe - but I used the wrong sized dish and the photos looked rubbish, except this one.
It looks as good as our Kurdish friends Pilau and has quite a reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom