What did you cook or eat today (August 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garbanzo beans and leeks, cooked in a little rosemary-infused olive oil and garlic, finished with fresh lemon juice and zest:

View attachment 68932

Just a few ingredients, but wow, this is really good. It caught me a little off guard. I actually felt I was wasting some perfectly good leeks on such a simple dish, but this is really satisfying.

How do you think it would work with some other beans -- perhaps pintos?

CD

I don't know, probably fine, but as soon as I hear pintos, I start thinking cilantro, onion or shallot, and lime juice. That'd be interesting... 🤔
I've got all those on hand. How about chicken and avocado, too? Oh yeah, TR doesn't care for avocado I think. Ok, maybe some green chiles and diced tomato?

I've got all those on hand. How about chicken and avocado, too? Oh yeah, TR doesn't care for avocado I think. Ok, maybe some green chiles and diced tomato?

I mix Rotel tomatoes and chilis in a can with black beans or pinto beans when I want something fast, with minimal effort. If I'm up to moderate effort, I add some sliced smoked sausage and/or diced onions. You can do all kinds of things with it. I use a dutch oven to simmer, but this is a great crock pot meal -- if you have a crock pot.

CD

I use a dutch oven to simmer, but this is a great crock pot meal -- if you have a crock pot.

CD
Mmmm, yeah...I have five crockpots, LOL! Before anyone judges me, they are different sizes. I have two small ones, two medium-sized, and one very large one. And I use them all fairly regularly. But I use my enameled cast iron dutch ovens for tortilla soup (no beans in that for me, though).

I tossed a bunch of chicken thighs on the grill (BBQ) tonight. The were really big thighs, too. I finished a couple with my homemade honey BBQ sauce, and let the grill bake it on. On the side are some Bush's (canned) BBQ Beans. Similar to Heinz baked beans, but with a lot more flavor.

ChicBBQ001.jpg

CD

Last edited:
I tossed a bunch of chicken thighs on the grill (BBQ) tonight. The were really big thighs, too. I finished a couple with my homemade honey BBQ sauce, and let the grill bake it on. On the side are some Bush's (canned) BBQ Beans. Similar to Hienz baked beans, but with a lot more flavor.

View attachment 68935

CD
Nice! Heinz does not follow the "I before E except after C" rule. I am guessing it's a German name?

It's getting very hot again and I'm getting irritable. A close friend of ours a lovely widower invited us over for coffee and a swim in her pool. Within site of her garden is the communal recycling bins, because of the remote location they are plagued with illegal dumpers. These (redacted) arrive. They are from a large European company. I went down and challenged them. I then sent the pics to a hotline. The Police and an inspector arrived at our apartment in the evening. They took a statement and asked if I would appear in court. I will.
1628565598549.png
1628565617083.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom