What did you cook or eat today (August 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My meal for today is skipped. Whether it's the heat or the fact that I didn't have hot coffee, but instead, the iced honey cream coffees, I can't say. I just wasn't hungry beyond the two DeMetz caramel turtles and a couple pieces of swiss cheese to snack on.

But what the heck, a day without fixing up a meal is a switch in habits and gives a bit of variety to the endless procession of days.

Methinks you have been scoffing too many candy bars and sweet coffee. :)

Frittata, Americanized, using colby cheese and leftover egg noodles, along with some tomatoes, onion, and chives.

Feeling a bit punchy after missing your biplane flight? That's two jabs at American cooking in a day. If only we Mecans had a desert that had beef fat and dried fruits, and a name that sounds like a nickname for a male STD. :ninja::D

CD
Desert or dessert? I am trying to envision the drifting sand and a plate of beef fat and dried fruit in the midst.

There is something about that word "flap" that is rather unsettling when used with the word "egg", I am with MG on that one.

Yeah, but it kind of makes sense as the term for an egg cooked very thin on a flatop, and then folded to fit a sandwich. No worse than "egg puck" that I use for an egg cooked in a ring mold.

CD

Feeling a bit punchy after missing your biplane flight? That's two jabs at American cooking in a day. If only we Mecans had a desert that had beef fat and dried fruits, and a name that sounds like a nickname for a male STD. :ninja::D

CD
You've got me fancying a spotted dick now.

There is something about that word "flap" that is rather unsettling when used with the word "egg", I am with MG on that one.
Now that I think about it, there are lots of things that word "flap" can be used with that would be unsettling. Not as much as a spotted dick, but ok...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom