What did you cook or eat today (August 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_4414.JPG

We stopped this afternoon at the Farm not far from our house to pick up just picked Sweet Corn, AH YUM!!!
And what goes with Corn On The Cob?
BBQ b/s Chicken Thighs all seasoned up nice
Baked Beans
and
My Coleslaw

Apple Sauce Cake for dessert later ...

And a bag of apples photobombing in the left background?
Yep, they’ll be appearing in the “What’d ya buy?” topic soon.

I do not like this “orchard.” It used to be a proper orchard, as in loads of trees, and a makeshift table with a cash register in one of the barns, and bins and bins of many specialty varieties of apples. A proper orchard.

Now, the trees are still there, though most (except those up close to the barn - must keep up appearances!) have been allowed to go wild, and instead of a couple dozen varieties, they sell three - Honeycrisp, Gala, and Fuji, same as Kroger, which tells me they didn’t even grow them.

In place of that, they’re selling jars of jams (that they didn’t make), doughnuts, turnovers, and fritters (that I suspect they didn’t make), cider plainly stamped as coming from another orchard, and they’ve put in a snack bar (German pretzels and cheese dip, soft serve ice cream), a bar, another bar in the “orchard,” a small outdoor stage, and a BBQ food truck (from a local restaurant).

It’s disgusting, AFAIC.

Yep, they’ll be appearing in the “What’d ya buy?” topic soon.

I do not like this “orchard.” It used to be a proper orchard, as in loads of trees, and a makeshift table with a cash register in one of the barns, and bins and bins of many specialty varieties of apples. A proper orchard.

Now, the trees are still there, though most (except those up close to the barn - must keep up appearances!) have been allowed to go wild, and instead of a couple dozen varieties, they sell three - Honeycrisp, Gala, and Fuji, same as Kroger, which tells me they didn’t even grow them.

In place of that, they’re selling jars of jams (that they didn’t make), doughnuts, turnovers, and fritters (that I suspect they didn’t make), cider plainly stamped as coming from another orchard, and they’ve put in a snack bar (German pretzels and cheese dip, soft serve ice cream), a bar, another bar in the “orchard,” a small outdoor stage, and a BBQ food truck (from a local restaurant).

It’s disgusting, AFAIC.
How terribly sad. I know you won't be going back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom