What did you cook or eat today (December 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry. I should have said allergic.
Easy enough to misunderstand. It is not possible to be allergic to lactose, only intolerant. That is the much more common problem, especially so here in Australasia.

Full on anaphylaxis to the dairy protein is considerably rarer, but as I'm finding out surprisingly is a common allergy but is little catered for .

Leftovers from yesterday :D

Pre covid we would visit my wife's relatives in Serbia every year . I understand your dietary problems there. What did you think of the people ?
The people everywhere were great. In fact they went out of their way to help us even stopping us from cycling into Kosovo just as things were getting bad there again. We would have arrived at a particular road block just at the time NATO troops were given permission to use live rounds... People driving down the road we were cycling down (the only way it went was to that road block a day or two ahead of us) were stopping and flagging us down. Finally someone just handed us a mobile phone. They'd rung someone who spoke enough English to explain the problem to us and managed to get a phone signal... we turned around at that point. So did they. They'd only come to find us having seen is cycle that way the night before... their only intention to stop us getting to that road block.

As for what we saw of Serbia, that was another matter entirely. 2 weeks of dense freezing fog until we went into the mountains. It was almost the coldest weather we cycled through. Belarus was the coldest, but driest cold. Serbia was wet cold. Poland was inbetween. But the litter issues in Serbia were horrendous. The sides of the road were thick with it. It was the worst we saw anywhere.

Sorry to hear this. Allergies seem difficult to live with to me. Hugs.
Thank you.
They've been a challenge but it's actually really expanded my cooking. Luckily I was taught to cook from scratch by my Grannie, so I was able to adjust more easily that someone's who lives out of ready meals (my sister has just met someone's who is dairy intolerant and is struggling to adjust because her ideas if cooking is bung the bag of vegetables from waitrose or Sainsbury into the microwave... can't do anymore because they are coated in butter not oil!... she's a generation younger than myself even though she's my sister... she didn't get to learn to cook from our Grannie, just our mother! )

Not today...but pics from yesterday's independence day celebration with two of our friends. I forgot to take a pic of the horn of plenty (Craterellus cornucopioides) mushroom soup with garlic bread. We prepared just small amounts and set up fixed servings in the kitchen: thus no leftovers except a pinch of roe, smoked salmon and herring for today's breakfast sandwiches.
juhl_a.png

Not today...but pics from yesterday's independence day celebration with two of our friends. I forgot to take a pic of the horn of plenty (Craterellus cornucopioides) mushroom soup with garlic bread. We prepared just small amounts and set up fixed servings in the kitchen: thus no leftovers except a pinch of roe, smoked salmon and herring for today's breakfast sandwiches.
View attachment 52060

Looks absolutely fantastic 😍

Lunch today is jacket purple potatoes paired with a turmeric latte sauce that I’ve reduced a bit with some Parmigiano and a spreadable fresh cheese

View attachment 52063

View attachment 52064

View attachment 52065
Looks delicious :hungry:. The colors are great too. MypinchofItaly, I'll make the 'Nduja dish a bit later as the 'Nduja can has to be consumed within two weeks after opening and the recipe calls for just 1 tablespoon. It's a bit same with the anchovies (which had to be ordered by mail; Finnish canned "anchovies" are mainly bristlings/spats), so I'll prepare the dish for a bunch of 8-10 people as soon as it's possible Covid-wise.

Looks delicious :hungry:. The colors are great too. MypinchofItaly, I'll make the 'Nduja dish a bit later as the 'Nduja can has to be consumed within two weeks after opening and the recipe calls for just 1 tablespoon. It's a bit same with the anchovies (which had to be ordered by mail; Finnish canned "anchovies" are mainly bristlings/spats), so I'll prepare the dish for a bunch of 8-10 people as soon as it's possible Covid-wise.

Thank you Hemulen 😍, you’re always so kind.
I love the colours too, shining 😎

Oh perfect, I can’t wait to see your dish with ‘Nduja and anchovies!
I’m also thinking that you might increase the quantity of it as it’s for a bunch of 8-10 people, but better to start with one and see if it’s “spicy-ok” before adding a second tbsp (or a third one)
It has a strong taste anyway, so try to balance spiciness and saltiness - oh well, I know you will ☺️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom