What did you cook or eat today (December 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicken for lunch today, roasted in a brick. Onions stuffed with sausage meat and herbs, devils on horseback (I burnt these) roast parsnips with turmeric and black mustard seeds.

Sweetcorn with lemon peel and crispy sage leaves

Sprouts, steamed, then pan fried in butter.

Chicken for lunch today, roasted in a brick. Onions stuffed with sausage meat and herbs, devils on horseback (I burnt these) roast parsnips with turmeric and black mustard seeds.
View attachment 52083

Sweetcorn with lemon peel and crispy sage leaves
View attachment 52084

Sprouts, steamed, then pan fried in butter.
View attachment 52085

All looks incredible, bene!
Onions stuffed with sausage meat and herbs sound bloody delicious. Any chance for recipe or few suggestions?

All looks incredible, bene!
Onions stuffed with sausage meat and herbs sound bloody delicious. Any chance for recipe or few suggestions?
I will post the recipe, but to be honest the stuffing on its own would have been sufficient. The onion vessel, whilst looking impressive, did not add much. It needs more work.

Celery, garlic ( which I have to remove!), potato and cherry tomatoes. It was part cooked then left for re-heating later.

Ok
A last suggestion: if you like the idea and if you have one, I often add a piece of cheese rind, - usually Parmigiano or Pecorino romano - at the end of cooking or re-heating. It won’t melt but it becomes very soft and gives a little twist

Last edited:
Last nights meal went down well, we talked about fillet steak, both our kids mentioned they don't order them when out, they try something different. They all said I cooked them perfectly, 3 blue, 2 med rare, 1 well done for my wife. They also said choice of two sauces made a difference, 3 of us had both mushroom and garlic sauce.
Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom