What did you cook or eat today (December 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A salad meal, chicken, grated gruyere and carrots, toasted sliced almonds, bacon, and avocado with a honey and Dijon dressing.

20231205_174957.jpg

Yesterday

Lunch was today with peanut butter and toast with sea buckthorn jam
20231205_133137.jpg

Mid afternoon, I had a small helping of fruit and yoghurt and yes, the bowl was too small.
20231205_134545.jpg

Kiwi fruit, nectarine, a passion fruit, and some home-grown raspberries with homemade soy yoghurt.

Evening was ½ portion of protein/pulse pasta with the remains of the roasted butternut squash cold and ratatouille.
20231205_185320.jpg

Had lunch at a Mexican place with some Asian fusion dishes. I ordered their red sangria and got a surprise. What I thought was a smushed maraschino cherry wasn't. It was a piece of red jalapeno that had been treated like a maraschino cherry. Guacamole for an appetizer. Craig got beef birria tacos. I got sliders that had a beef patty, birria mac-n-cheese, a chip, guacamole and jalapeno jelly with ghost pepper cheese. Food was pretty good overall though guacamole needed a little salt and a bit more lime juice for our tastes.

20231206_132331.jpg

20231206_132814.jpg

20231206_134841.jpg

20231206_134811.jpg

Oh, Craig got an assortment of salsas. The green is a tomatilla salsa and was the mildest we were told. It had a kick to it though. The red was supposed to be the medium heat wise, though I thought it was just a bit milder than the green. The orange was OMG, shove a huge glob of guacamole in my mouth to coat my tongue and some chips, keep the guacamole and chips coming.
20231206_133141.jpg

Last edited:
Ordered a cup of chili and a bacon pizza from the tavern around the corner:
IMG_6987.jpeg
IMG_6988.jpeg

I know that’s not everyone’s idea of “proper” chili (con carne), but when I order chili…that’s exactly what I want. It was excellent, and I ordered a cup and they brought me a bowl.

BACON PIZZA ... OH.MY!! Must try!
Bacon pizza is very common here, or to be exact, bacon-cheeseburger pizza, with bacon, ground beef, and a mix of mozz and cheddar. We used to get those in Minnesota, too. It was my favorite pizza from our local place up there.

I prolly need to make lunch for some pics but I dont really eat much til tea time.
Hungry looking at all your meals .
Just taken 4 lamb chops from freezer . I'll work around that.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom