What did you cook or eat today (December 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_3431.JPG

This is a Real Good Food Co. stuffed Chicken Breast with Cheddar and Broccoli, yum!!!
Green Beans and AF Tater Tots ... DH wouldn't eat this :eek: Okay then ... starve ... not in a mode tonight!!!

Does she ever cook? Surely growing up your mum would have taught her???
Hell at 9 or 10 I was helping mum. :)

Russ

My mom was a terrible cook. I learned to cook when I was an adult. My sister is a mediocre cook, but could be a good cook, if she made a commitment to it... and would actually listen to me. She knows I'm a good cook, but has this subconscious issue with listening to her "little brother."

She says she is going to spend more time on cooking when she retires next month. I'll believe it when I see it. One thing she has going for her is that she is cheap, and she will not have as much money coming in when she retires. Going out to eat three-plus days a week will cut into her piggy-bank.

I told her when I got here that I was not going out to eat every night, because I gain five pounds every time I come down here and stay with her. She's a good 60-80 pounds overweight (probably closer to 80). She needs to get serious about that.

CD

My mom was a terrible cook. I learned to cook when I was an adult. My sister is a mediocre cook, but could be a good cook, if she made a commitment to it... and would actually listen to me. She knows I'm a good cook, but has this subconscious issue with listening to her "little brother."

She says she is going to spend more time on cooking when she retires next month. I'll believe it when I see it. One thing she has going for her is that she is cheap, and she will not have as much money coming in when she retires. Going out to eat three-plus days a week will cut into her piggy-bank.

I told her when I got here that I was not going out to eat every night, because I gain five pounds every time I come down here and stay with her. She's a good 60-80 pounds overweight (probably closer to 80). She needs to get serious about that.

CD

So what got you cooking? Your mums cooking??
Was your wife also terrible??

Russ

So what got you cooking? Your mums cooking??
Was your wife also terrible??

Russ

I got interested in cooking over time, because I like good food, and enjoyed the feeling of making good food.

My ex-wife was a good cook, and a phenomenal baker. She was like Tasty, as she was most comfortable following a recipe verbatim. I am more shoot-from -the-hip. But, we actually worked well together in the kitchen, and made some really great meals. Her mom was a really solid cook, too, which is who taught my ex-wife to cook. The only problem with her mom's cooking is that nothing she made was "healthy." It was amazing, but I gained five pounds whenever we went to her mom's house for a few days.

CD

I got interested in cooking over time, because I like good food, and enjoyed the feeling of making good food.

My ex-wife was a good cook, and a phenomenal baker. She was like Tasty, as she was most comfortable following a recipe verbatim. I am more shoot-from -the-hip. But, we actually worked well together in the kitchen, and made some really great meals. Her mom was a really solid cook, too, which is who taught my ex-wife to cook. The only problem with her mom's cooking is that nothing she made was "healthy." It was amazing, but I gained five pounds whenever we went to her mom's house for a few days.

CD

Ok. Gotcha now. Im. The only guy in our group of about a dozen that is a good cook. Either that or my friends are lazy moochers lol.
My mum was an ok cook but great baker.
I used to help I think because I got control of the salt. 3 pots of veges 3 tablespoons of salt. Yuk.
She loved my cooking even had her last 20 years at xmas at my joint here.
I love finding out what got people interested in cooking.
Thanks cd. :)

Russ

"

CD
My sister was a big foodie most of her life until she retired..now she says she is too tired or it's not worth the time..sometimes, for some people, I think retirement can be as debilitating as a physical illness..

My sister was a big foodie most of her life until she retired..now she says she is too tired or it's not worth the time..sometimes, for some people, I think retirement can be as debilitating as a physical illness..

Believe me, I know it. I'm really concerned about whether retirement will set her free to start eating better and exercising, or if she''l become a couch potato. Instead of going out all the time, she could resort to eating processed frozen dinners, which are also not good for her. She has a bunch of those in her freezer.

On a positive note, she likes to cook up a lot of food at once, divide it into containers, and freeze it for later days. That would provide the convenience of frozen microwaveable meals that are healthy.

CD

Today I have had the delight of a full glutening (a gluten poisoning) courtesy of my dear Papa yesterday being so obstructive when I was trying to sort out his online bank account that I said I was hungry (to get him out of the way) and off he went to make us chicken and chips.

The chips tasted great but as they cooled the taste changed and I thought hmm these taste like theres…. WHEAT
Sure enough they have some sort of wheat in an invisible coating.

I had hoped to get away with it but no such luck. I didn‘t wake up til 4pm (well I did briefly about 11ish but was dragged back like someone on a triple dose of mogadon😂). Thats right 16 hours asleep to wake and find my hands face and knees swollen plus some other symptoms you really don’t need to hear about 😆

Mr SSOAP had taken the initiative and been the supermarket to get easy food.. and bought me a premade vegetarian gluten free lasagne?!
It is truly one of the most disgusting lasagne’s I have ever tried to eat and it’s left me hankering after the real thing!

So whilst I know no-one on here would be daft enough to buy this in the first place avoid this horror -

IMG_1943.jpeg

Last edited:
Well nothing new, I thought fish n chips for tea but wife hot home and said too fattening, I'll pop round the road for burgers and chips. Ok second choice but that's alright. Got ne a bacon egg double cheese burger. She only had a hand full of fries. I was starving. Still 10/10.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom