What did you cook or eat today (July 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time I am alone at home for 5 days since I got married six years ago, my husband is out at the ren faire building the stand. He will pick me up on friday and sunday, I can't sleep there because of my PA ( periferal spondyloartritis). So I had a single girl meal, lol!
20240731_165600.jpg

Grilled cheese, olives & potato chips while watching Netflix. Not bad at all 😊

I'm home again
Defrosted some meat, mixed cut.
Took 3 nice bony pieces and fed to the dogs. Remainder is on the stove.
I used some wine that I bought on special. Far too sweet for my taste. I am stewing the meat in this wine + lots of vinegar.
Garlic, bay leaves, mixed herbs, homemade mustard, paprika and brown onion powder.
At least that is what I thought I bought, but it is brown onion seasoning.
Luckily I hadn't add any salty ingredient yet.
Just had a taste of the sauce and it's pretty good.
To be continued in an hour or 2 while I enjoy
View attachment 116775
Being nosey - what is the black metal structure in the backgound?

I'm home again
Defrosted some meat, mixed cut.
Took 3 nice bony pieces and fed to the dogs. Remainder is on the stove.
I used some wine that I bought on special. Far too sweet for my taste. I am stewing the meat in this wine + lots of vinegar.
Garlic, bay leaves, mixed herbs, homemade mustard, paprika and brown onion powder.
At least that is what I thought I bought, but it is brown onion seasoning.
Luckily I hadn't add any salty ingredient yet.
Just had a taste of the sauce and it's pretty good.
To be continued in an hour or 2 while I enjoy
View attachment 116775
They say a cold beer on a hot day is very good.

First time I am alone at home for 5 days since I got married six years ago,
Don't worry. I'm also home alone today and curiously enough, today is my 43rd wedding anniversary. My wife is in London.
We just had a long conversation however, and raised a glass across the Atlantic!

Don't worry. I'm also home alone today and curiously enough, today is my 43rd wedding anniversary. My wife is in London.
We just had a long conversation however, and raised a glass across the Atlantic!

Congrats on ya anniversary. Seems a lot on this board are long term people as well . I'm about 48 I think. I need to ask the kommandant lol.
I'll raise a glass for you and yours tonight

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom